Recent content by tylermit

  1. T

    TKR Pain in back of knee

    @koda I have a similar situation. My pain has a snapping sensation that is associated with the pain. I also have had this since my RTKR in April. It has been diagnosed as a problem with my Popliteus muscle rubbing across the back of the implant. You may want to do a search on problems with the...
  2. T

    Bilateral TKR BTKR 28th May 2019 - post op journal

    @Atlas_aus One trick I use for the ice machine is to have 2 different thickness of towels. Use the thinner one when you want more cold. Switch to the thicker towel when it starts getting too cold. When your ice starts melting, switch back to the thinner towel to let the cold back in. I had my...
  3. T

    Spinal anesthesia question

    I had the spinal with nerve block. When in the recovery right after surgery they did an ultra sound to check the volume of my bladder. If it was above a certain volume they did an in and out catheter to drain the bladder( which they had to do). They checked it this way several time after I got...
  4. T

    TKR The long and winding road - round 2

    @Rather I have had my ice machine on me for almost 4 weeks at least 20 hours a day. I have 2 different towels that are of different thickness that I use between the cold pad and my leg. When it gets too cold I put the thicker one on. I switch to the thinner one when I need more cold when the ice...
  5. T

    What's best option for drive home from hospital

    I would use what ever vehicle has the longest leg room for the ride. You will want to keep your leg extended as straight as you can. Yes to the pillows to shim your leg up so it bends as little as possible off the seat. I had a 1 hour 20 minute ride from the hospital. Not fun. I doubt you would...
  6. T

    TKR Steri strip tape still on going on 4 weeks post op

    It sure was for me. Lasted about 5 days post surgery. Every hour!
  7. T

    Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

    My IT band problem was on the outside of the knee right at the bend of the knee. The pain area was about the size of a nickel. Mine would actually act like a locked up knee. I could not bend or straighten it and the pain was intense for about 15 minutes before it would relax. It happened once on...
  8. T

    Revision TKR Jolease's knee saga part 3<^

    @Jolease I suffered IT band problems after my 5th surgery June of 2018. I know what pain you are in. My PT worked with me for 4 months to sort it out. The only thing that made it feel any better was to not do the things that made it angry. Once my OS decided that I needed a revision, he said he...
  9. T

    Gel/ ice packs

    I agree with the others suggestions. A ice machine combined with the lounge doctor will be your best friends. Use 4 frozen bottled water in stead of using ice. I have a set of 12 that I rotate through the freezer. That way it only take a couple of minutes to renew your cold water. I highly...
  10. T

    Revision TKR Multiple Knee Replacements

    @Momma-me I had the On-Q pump also. Check your discharge paperwork for a phone number to call when you have problems with it. It is the Anesthesiologist that is in charge of your Q pump. After discharge they called me every day asking how things were going and if it was working OK. On the 4th...
  11. T

    Revision TKR Multiple Knee Replacements

    My meds in the hospital were 10 mg oxy every 3 hours. You are right, that did not cut the pain. Tell them you are at a 10 and they may add something to your IV . Did your OS do some other work on that knee when he was in there that you would have to immobilize you knee for so long. I was walking...
  12. T

    Surgery Scheduled for 0715 Monday!!

    Good luck with your surgery! Your one of the last of the Class of April so come and join us. It may take a few days after to feel like getting back on the computer so take care.
  13. T

    Revised PKR to TKR Tylermit's revision recovery

    I got my staples out this afternoon. Ouch. The glue on the bandage was stuck to my skin with a very good bond. About half of the staples came out easy, the other half were somewhat painful. Between the bandage and staples it took 20 minutes to complete. I had a very limited supply of pain meds...
  14. T

    New Questions

    I just had my experience with the On-Q system. Surgery on a Tuesday and the On-Q lasted until Saturday. It kept a steady numbness on the nerve group it was targeted at. Having done the femoral block and the On-Q I would do the On-Q . When the femoral block wears off be ready. It hit hard and...
  15. T

    In first 2 weeks post-op: where should I park myself?

    I set up 2 rooms as I did not know which way I would go. I am at day 10 right now and have only left the master bedroom to go to the kitchen and back. If you have a master bedroom with private bathroom I would set up with that. Using the bathroom post-op has it's own set of challenges and you...
Back
Top Bottom