It was done with the standard posterior approach March 9th. Recovery seems to be going well; I've been in hospital waiting for authorization for rehab/nursing care since I live alone but that doesn't sound like it's going to happen.
Remember, even if you're on a morphine pump, get a nurse to...
So... about a week before surgery and I could probably walk without my cane. I'm not chickening out but this is how AVN pain comes and goes!!!
Getting an MRI tonight; I think the surgeon wants to see how much damage has occurred in 6-7 months since last MRI.
Hahaha... I will be out of it. I'm going to speak to the surgeon or the surgeon's nurse this week. I want no complications this time!
@opie Thanks. I'll keep everyone updated.
@Josephine I will be aware of how they move me this time. I'm having the posterior approach so I'll be sure to remind them to keep leg in external rotation when making those transfers. I wonder why they don't strap in the abduction pillow when they make the transfers.
Taking the full 12 weeks...
@Jamie No problem. It's best for all the details to be known.
The dislocations kept occurring when the hospital personal would pull (...yank) on the sheet they put under me in order to transfer me from bed to litter/stretcher and back again. I suspect it happened first when they moved me to the...
Thanks for the info @Jamie.
I had multiple dislocations following the August 25th surgery. They tried two closed reductions in the OR under anesthesia but it kept dislocating. I was on strict bed rest until the revision surgery on August 29th.
So I have my RTHR coming up on March 9th and I trying to give my employers an idea when I'll be back to work. I had my LTHR on August 25th, 2016 and the revision on August 29th, 2016. I was back to my desk job on October 31st, 2016; roughly 9 weeks.
Should I estimate less amount time off for...
I saw the OS today and my RTHR is scheduled for March 9th. This one should go smoother than the last one (... the LTHR) which needed a revision 3 days later due to repeated dislocations... very painful.
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Thanks for the replies!!! Some great info. I'm actually glad to find out that the pain comes and goes. I was surprised I was walking on the left femoral head collapse last fall going in for the Left THR.
My concern is that my health insurance is going to require the core decompression of my...
I didn't mention that I religiously take 800mg ibuprofen every 8 hours (...set the alarm for the middle of the night) and the occasional 5mg/325mg Norco to ease the pain.
I know that the OS is going to suggest proceeding with a core decompression but I haven't heard many success stories about...
Hi All... this is my first post.
I scheduled an appointment with my OS due to severe pain in my right hip. I could hardly walk and was suspecting that the femoral head had collapsed like my left one did in July 2016. Well, sure enough it's only a few days before my appointment and my pain is...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.