Recent content by tutters

  1. T

    TKR Tutters’ TKR Recovery

    Surgery was 10/3, so I’m 9 days out. The pain wasn’t as bad as I feared, but pt is eye crossing sometimes. Today, with a cane, I managed some stairs. That’s been my goal so far. Next is taking my Yorkies for a short walk.
  2. T

    Nervous newbie

    So far, so good. 9 days post-surgery. The pain wasn’t as bad as I feared, although pt does make it hurt—sometimes a lot. The hardest thing to get used to is basically being home bound. overall, I’m glad I did this.
  3. T

    TKR Tutters’ TKR Recovery

    Right TKR on 10/3, home on 10/4. Only problem really so far is that the nurse and pt we’re supposed to make their first visit, and no one showed. I’m hoping it was just a miscommunication and they come today. I’m icing, elevating and doing a few exercises on my own but don’t want to do the wrong...
  4. T

    Nervous newbie

    Thanks everyone. Surgery is 3 days. I think I’m most scared of the first week. I’ve heard the pain is really awful.
  5. T

    2019 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Ok, so now I figured out how to reply. I feel like such a doofus. My surgery date is October 3
  6. T

    Nervous newbie

    Thanks, everyone. I have a neighbor my age 2 doors down who had her surgery last week, and she advised me that the first week is rather challenging. But as Roy said, it only gets better. I’m glad I found this group!
  7. T

    Nervous newbie

    hi. I’m getting my 1st tkr on 10/3 and getting scared, so I’m glad to find this support. I’m 60, live alone with 2 yorkies. Other knee due to be replaced next year.
Back
Top Bottom