Recent content by Tough cookie

  1. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    Aug. 13 TKR Tough Cookie- my dear supporters at Bone Smart, I have turned the corner. No more blood clot, a pinched nerve that is better, not good, but manageable. A new knee that is at 92 % ROM and 7 hours sleep a night. I'm thankful for the small things, which after this experience were life...
  2. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    Tough cookie TKR Aug. 13- Thank you BoneSmarties! Much of my reading has taken place in the wee hours but that too has helped the night time blues. 26 days out and finally I slept a full night. Although I still have a blood clot and a pinched nerve causing sciatica pain, things are better. I...
  3. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    Au13 TKR no the ice is this surgeons standard. He has a patent on this lateral knee process and the hospital he was(before abruptly switching to another with less than 24 hour notice) even included the no ice in their extensive package. It also tells you on all the discharge papers, no ice even...
  4. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    Aug. 13 TKR and today was finally better. The posts on this site have helped more than you can know. I've stopped the silly nonsense of cutting pain pills in half, afraid I'd become addicted, walked through my home several times a day and the pinched nerve in my back is bearable while taking a...
  5. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    To finish what I was posting...... The levels are checked and they are trying to regulate them, which I understand takes awhile. I did ask this morning if I should see a hematologist and when can I have another Doppler done? The primary care will get back to me in 2 business days with an answer...
  6. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    I was on the Patient Portal for my primary care doctor this morning. Her nurse is doing blood checks for the levels of my blood Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  7. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    Yes a Doppler determined it was a blood clot and it is so scary for me; gave myself shots and am on Warfarin. Surgeon insisted I go to physical therapy and therapist said he would not work with me until surgeon talked to him because the blood clot could be life threatening. Surgeon didn't call...
  8. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    It was a total knee replacement Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  9. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    I was very active, 68 and have been a three times weekly gym participant for 26 years, never smoked and did 80 miles a week on a stationary bike. I got multiple opinions when the knee started the "descent" and all were the same, no cartilage between the joints. The surgeon is renowned for...
  10. T

    TKR Things went wrong

    Had my surgery Aug.13 and it has been a nightmare. I have a blood clot, pinched nerve in my spine and an unresponsive doctor. Unable to sleep, cannot go to the bathroom, and feeling quite alone. Husband telling me it will get better but feel hopeless. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom