Just a word of caution to anyone who may be using NJR performance figures to help decide which hospital or surgeon to entrust with their surgery.
I applied to NJR for a copy of any records they held for me. Anyone who has read this thread will now that I had a simultaneous bilateral THR in...
I will not name the original hospital but arthroscopy was performed at Frimley. Although it was only performed last week I am absolutely delighted with the results so far. I have the same movement range as the right hip and although some slight discomfort from the procedure, the pain has gone...
48 hours on from the athroscopy to remove the bone spur. Relatively pain free, more of an ache than pain. Mobilising well on crutches and had a walk out. What is amazing is there is already a noticeable increase in movement in the left hip.
Hip Flexion - Able to bring the knee up to same...
Thanks for good luck wishes, they are much appreciated.
Back home from yesterday's surgery to correct impingement on revised left hip. Procedure was arthroscopic to remove anterior bone spur with option to move to invasive surgery. Following the arthroscopic they decided not to open hip as they...
Thank you for your kind comments. It is hard at times, so many different hospitals and appointments but lots worse off than me. Just have to remind myself at times that the glass is half full not half empty. I'm really hoping that this procedure will be the end of the problems until I wear them...
Just an update.
Had an MUA (Manipulation Under Anesthetic) last month with x-rays / scans that showed impingement due to bony osteophytes that appear to have been there before replacement and revision the following week in 2016 . I'm now having surgery on the hip in couple of weeks time...
I am hoping to have the procedure carried out this autumn. I fully agree with your unicorn comment, experienced the same, even from staff, which is disconcerting.
I'm glad that both your surgeries went well. Believe me if my left hip was even half as good as the right I would be the happiest man alive. The only time I get any discomfort in the right is when my left flares up and affects my walking, otherwise it is spot on. As for recovery from original...
Josephine
Thank you for your reply and apologies for delay in responding but had a mad few months. I am now on my 3rd different consultant (excluding the original OS who performed the simultaneous bilateral THR and Revision).
With regards to the non reporting to NJR of my revision surgery, the...
Hi I don't have a recent x-ray unfortunately. I had a CT Scan in January but do not have access to that. Does anyone have any info on the after effects of MUI as have read that after a shoulder examination you cannot drive for 2/3 weeks. Is it same after hip examination?
Also would anyone have...
Thank you Jaycey.
I am actually on my 3rd OS but if you can recommend another that would be great. Unfortunately it was original surgeon who didn't specialise in Hip Revision but didn't find that out until after he performed the procedure that hospital have subsequently said was not a success.
Had another meeting at hospital. Asked if I would be 'happy' to have another operation which may involve anything from removing the bone growth to a full replacement. Happy is not a word I would use. I have also been placed in a Post Operative Physio Class, not bad considering it's now 2 years 2...
Thank you for that Layla. Having read through it I think I need to think hard before considering the surgery as it sounds as if recovery could be longer than the from the THA or Revision with a high risk of infection or possibility of it reforming. I really thought while laying in recovery from...
To be honest I am totally confused by it all. I have been told that the reason I on to my 4th hospital in 2 years is because I'm a 'complex case' whatever that means. I am starting physio on Wednesday but again do not understand why. If my problem now is heterotopic ossification how is physio...
I am 2 days away from 2 years post op and under my 3rd different hospital due to ongoing issues with heterotopic ossification and "prominent native acetabular wall" (no idea what that means!).
To recap I had a simultaneous bilateral hip replacement followed by revision surgery 7 days later due...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.