Recent content by tommyg

  1. tommyg

    Rotator Cuff Repair Looking for info on Stryker Ortho space balloon.

    I came back to remind what I needed to do to prep for post surgery. I get confused between what I did for post hip and for the 1st TKR. Anyways I'm scheduled for April 28, 2026.
  2. tommyg

    Rotator Cuff Repair Looking for info on Stryker Ortho space balloon.

    Sorry. I thought I would get emails when responses to this thread happened. I just happened to come back cause I've getting another knee replaced in a few weeks. @613machon Anyways, about the shoulder. If your looking to regain range of motion or original strength, I don't think this is the...
  3. tommyg

    THR How quickly does it go bad and how does it compare to a TKR.

    What do you mean by quickly? That's the one thing that has me wondering about this. It seems within 6 weeks my hip went from an major annoyance to actually disrupting my life. @Layla, I'll have to read up on the Magnesium Glycinate. Is it anything like Magnesium Citrate I think thats what I...
  4. tommyg

    THR It’s getting real now!

    T minus 9 days here. I'm just excited. I haven't had a good complete nights sleep in 3 months. I see you've already had one of these already. You should be considered an experienced vet. :loll:
  5. tommyg

    THR How quickly does it go bad and how does it compare to a TKR.

    Lets get technical for a moment :loll: So I'm researching and getting ready for the surgery, 9 days. It can't come soon enough. I'm watching all sorts of you tube videos and testimonials on peoples rehab. My wife thinks I'm crazy when she catches me watching videos of the actual surgery, not...
  6. tommyg

    THR How quickly does it go bad and how does it compare to a TKR.

    Thanks Deb. My wife was reading that Vitamin D might be the cause also. Or from your article it could be constant stress (in pain all the time?) At least now I know what to try 1st to remedy it.
  7. tommyg

    THR How quickly does it go bad and how does it compare to a TKR.

    I can't believe how fast this had degraded. I had years of the knee going bad until I was ready for the TKR. So I'm set for the THR on January 10th. I decided I couldn't wait for my follow up appt. that was scheduled for the end of January and made an appt. to see doc dec 5. I told him I...
  8. tommyg

    Rotator Cuff Repair Looking for info on Stryker Ortho space balloon.

    Well in case this helps anyone, I've come back to the site for unrelated hip issues and thought while I was here I'd give an update on my shoulder balloon post op recovery. I see from my OP that it will be 3 years in January. To the point, everything is still good. No resting pains. No pain...
  9. tommyg

    THR How quickly does it go bad and how does it compare to a TKR.

    Thanks for the responses. Very helpful to know it shouldn't be as bad as the TKR. One last thing on post op. Is there anything different about preparing for post op hip replacement vs a TKR? I guess I should read more through the post op stories to get an idea of that. Thanks.
  10. tommyg

    THR How quickly does it go bad and how does it compare to a TKR.

    I went into my orthos office with the assumption that I'd need to get something done with my old natural right knee. I had the left replaced about 8 years ago. A total replacement. I remember that I had hip pains on my left side before the TKR. The doc told me they would probably go away after...
  11. tommyg

    Perry01's Shoulder Recovery Thread

    Yeah , thanks for the update. I'm real interested in how your range of motion ends up and if your doc takes follow up xrays if this procedure puts the humorous back into the correct position or atleast better than it was.
  12. tommyg

    Perry01's Shoulder Recovery Thread

    I'm going to be watching this so keep us updated. I don't think you remember but I had posted on your pre surgery post about having the Stryker Orthospace balloon implanted in my shoulder. At the time I posted I had deemed it a failure as the pain started to return, but a few weeks later now...
  13. tommyg

    Rotator Cuff Repair Looking for info on Stryker Ortho space balloon.

    I am so sorry. I thought I would receive email notifications when there where replies to this post. I had a follow up appointment today and it made me think of this site. I came back and saw the responses and felt really bad. I did have the procedure done on 1-6-22. 1st it has not done a...
  14. tommyg

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Questions before initial consult

    I'm afraid I can't be of any help with your questions. I'm in almost the same boat. I came back here to do some research and saw your post and was happy to see someone like me. 57 and still wanting to be active. I was all ready to have the have the RSR done in January . After consulting...
  15. tommyg

    Rotator Cuff Repair Looking for info on Stryker Ortho space balloon.

    I'm back after having a knee replacement a few years ago. I was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff 10 years ago. I went under the knife but the tendons had retracted so much no repair was possible. 6 months ago I learned about the reverse shoulder replacement. I've been living with the torn...
Back
Top Bottom