Recent content by tnyankee

  1. T

    Who gets cranky while waiting for surgery?

    @Jane B. no, I'm not a Yankee fan. I gave myself that ID many years ago when I had to start using a computer ID. At that time friends made me think of myself as a misplaced Yankee living in TN. I never thought about being a 'yankee' until I moved to TN 35 years ago and that's what friends...
  2. T

    Icing Tools

    Trying to get as much together before my October 6 surgery. Like to hear what others have found to be the best for icing. I live with my adult son but may be alone a lot during the day while he's working and trying to figure out the best way to keep icing my knee alone. I thought I could keep a...
  3. T

    Who gets cranky while waiting for surgery?

    Good Morning all. Enjoyed reading your post and all replies. I've been taking Celebrex and Tylenol for quite a while now but I see where @Jane B. you needed to stop Advil because of surgery coming soon. Was this a request of the Dr? Also, what exercises should I be doing before my operation...
  4. T

    Questions, questions....

    :thankyou:Thank you all for all your kind words. @tiredwife I'm going to take your suggestion and look into a wedge pillow to put under my mattress. I'm hopeful I'll be able to lie on my side like your husband because I was worried about having to sleep on my back - that isn't going to...
  5. T

    Questions, questions....

    @madinana @ConnieJOS @tiredwife @marmora I'm posting this in the Pre-Op area because I haven't had my surgery yet but wanted to thank you ladies for many of the posts I've read of yours in the Recovery area - especially Connie's and madinana (I haven't read the other two ladies...
  6. T

    Newbie with another question

    Thanks for the info. It's scary thinking I won't be able to lift my leg for several weeks though. That definitely makes me wonder if I should go ahead with this. I live with my son but he'll be working so I don't know how I'll be able to get up and around during the day if I can't even raise...
  7. T

    Newbie with another question

    Thanks everyone for your replies and additional information. I just ordered a toilet seat riser so I think that should be covered. Not sure what will happen with my job if I can't return for a month or more - I know I can get set up on Medicare but I also know that it won't cover my expenses...
  8. T

    Newbie with another question

    First, I'd like to thank everyone for all their responses to my first post on Sunday. I'm trying to read all the information provided and it's opened other doors with other questions. I understand no one can tell me exactly what I will or will not be able to do after my surgery but some of the...
  9. T

    New to group and obese having questions

    I'm 64 and have a BMI over 40 and my Dr told me a year ago that he wouldn't do a knee replacement surgery because of my weight. In the past year my mobility problems have become so bad that I haven't been able to get out of my house. I recently called my Dr. to explain why I hadn't returned to...
Back
Top Bottom