Recent content by throughhiker

  1. T

    THR dkhip1's THR recovery

    I'm 8 months out now, and all is well. I used my walker throughout the first month, and still used my cane from time to time for a couple more weeks. I'm glad I took my time and kept myself safe. It was well worth it. By the way, I am still noticeably gaining strength, even now. It's subtle, but...
  2. T

    THR One year anniversary THR

    Thank you for the warm welcome! I would be glad to share my surgeon's name and location. I live in Philadelphia, and my surgeon, who works with Rothman Orthopedic (the top-ranked orthopedic provider in the Philly region), is Carl Deirmengian. He does hip and knee replacements almost exclusively...
  3. T

    THR One year anniversary THR

    From my reading on pubmed, it appears that one of the main risk factors for the incomplete growth of bone to secure the new hip components is too much activity during the first two to three months of healing....micro-motions make the joining of bone to implant insufficient. Having read this...
Back
Top Bottom