Recent content by thebullockpen

  1. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    if I pull on my ankle alittle while placing my other hand behind my knee bend it seems to go further.it dosent really hurt it just wont bend anymore!! I was told it can take up to a year to get back to normal.scar feels fine too.no tightness anwhere.I still get general swelling after standing...
  2. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    im now 13 weeks post op!!!! just gone back to work this week.doin ok just get tired so easy but im being allowed to sit when I need to.im off major pain meds now just take paracetamol if needed. I can cycle again but hav had to put my seat alittle higher.my only concern is I seem to have...
  3. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    im now 8 weeks post op.seem to be going backwards.when I do my pt knee gets swollen.sooo fed up.beginning to think theres somthing wrong.ligaments on outside of my leg just wont let me bend enough to come downstairs without going sidways a little.now getting calf muscle pains too!!!!!! regreting...
  4. thebullockpen

    TKR Home Sweet Home

    I'm now 7 weeks post op and I did minimal pt. I was so swollen that all I did was ice and elivate all day and night time too.in this last week I have ridden my bike again and been swimming.in the early days going to the toilet was enough for me.do what feels right for you .good luck.stay...
  5. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    Hello, im 18 days post op now.ive had a lot of swelling around my knee and because of that ive done minimal physio.I can stand up and put full weight on my leg. I have 90 degree bend.my concern at the moment is I have a numb area around the ligaments on the outside of my knee.I get pins and...
  6. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    Thank you. I will take your advice on board. Just a bit frustrating. There's so much I want to do. The library is full of info too. Excellent website.
  7. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    Hi im now 15 days post op.I have still got swollen ligaments down my right knee with numbness.this is stopping me doing much physio.I can walk ok with crutches and have limited movement but feel stable.I find if I push my self just alittle I get pain! I also have a bakers cyst could this be...
  8. thebullockpen

    TKR Wife is post-op TKR April 10

    pain managemant is key! im 14 days post op and have finally got mine sorted.some discomfort is to be expected sleeping was exhausting just trying to get comfy.just go with it.only now the swelling is coming down am I doing physio and in no way pushing it.rest,ice,elivate.you will hear those...
  9. thebullockpen

    TKR Tawinoh on the other side, its turning into a nightmare

    why do they make you do things when its hurts??? im 13 days post op n I dont dont do much at all except rest and ice elevate.even then I am in pain by tea time.I feel for you I dont know what to say.except for kicking up a right fuss if they try again.pain management is key but getting it right...
  10. thebullockpen

    TKR Just wondering on my progress?

    please help.im 13 days post op.I take 200mg ibuprofen 3 times a day and co codamol 30/500 every 4 hrs.I rest elivate etc most of the day.why is it I get niggley nerve pain at around 7pm. Is my medication strong enough? I felt fantastic this morning cant possibly be overdoing things can I...
  11. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    12 days post op.got dressed today.feel good.im not doin much at all.resting is the key.its just taken a while for it to sink in.the sun is shining and I want to put washing in and tidy up a little but I am resisting.I get my staples out on saturday.then im goin to try do I little more physio.ive...
  12. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    10 days post op now..I finish some of the meds from the hospital tonite but can now take co codamol 30/500 as well as inti inflammatory pills. today is the first day I hav been sleepin lot.ive iced and elevated all day.only making trips to bathroom and kitchen.is this all I am supposed to do...
  13. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    Awake at 7am. I feel so much better even now. Thank you for your advice. I wanted to stay ahead of the pain. I will do now. A new day ahead!
  14. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    Had a tough day. My husband has been giving me my meds and decided that I should wait for pain. He only told me today after I got upset. So.... now I've found this out I was so angry. I'm not good at sorting pills and trusted him to sort them out but I now have a chart and do it for myself! New...
  15. thebullockpen

    TKR my knee replacement journey

    Thank you for your response. Yes you're right, there is plenty of time to celebrate my new knee and I'm so grateful for the things to come. I just want to shout about it from the rooftops!!! It's 2am in England and I can't sleep. Not with pain or discomfort but just ''hey people, this is me...
Back
Top Bottom