Recent content by The Nest

  1. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    An update since last week. Have been making good progress. More mobile, active and walking with one support. Am feeling positive and encourage myself. Which has helped. This week I'm having regular ultrasound with my PT. Seems to help with releasing the tightness. Have just started small step...
  2. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    Great idea @benne68 I'll definitely do that. Next week I'll also mix it up a bit and work on my bed/couch with my leg elevated. Got the idea from another post, thought it a good one. Vertigo definitely going. Got up this morning and wanted to stride forth unaided. My mind is turning a...
  3. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    Thanks @Jockette it's always good to hear from others who've had the same procedure. Thank you for the encouragement. I'm feeling much better and more confident on my pins today. By way of elimination, I think it was the new anti-inflammatories that gave me vertigo. I took it easy today...
  4. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    Today has been a mixed day. Officially 6 weeks post-op. My compression socks are officially off. I'm still 'wobbly' and have sea legs since Saturday, although I'm feeling better. This has set me back, and my confidence has taken a big knock. Last week I was walking unaided but now back on my...
  5. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    Thank you so much for the driving tips. Very helpful. The independence will be great!
  6. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    Thank you @sistersinhim ... it may be the medication. I'm also reducing my pain medication. The surgeon's assistant is in the process of finding out. It may be the accumulation of the pain medication which jas codeine in it. This has set me back a bit, not easy, but part of the process.
  7. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    This is what I've learned and experienced so far ... it may be different for others: 1. Being in hospital and leaving when I felt ready was a good decision (4 nights) 2. Going to physio and biokinetics for a few months beforehand is important. My PT also has a lot of ortho experience and took me...
  8. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    Hi JusticeRider, good to hear from you. I see in your latest update you've been driving. I haven't started yet. I'm going to do a little practice this weekend. Any tips? I have a manual vehicle, but may use my parents automatic as I think it may be a bit easier.
  9. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    @Jaycey right knee. Thank you!
  10. T

    PKR 6 weeks post patellofemoral replacement

    So good to have found this forum. I'm almost 6 weeks post a patellofemoral replacement (23 August). Surgeon and PT happy with progress. I on the other hand wonder if I'll walk normally again. I know I will, trust my physicians and when reading the posts the pain, discomfort, frustrations and...
Back
Top Bottom