I am sorry for the slow response, have been a tad busy the last couple of days.
For those that described their personal experiences I do appreciate the detailed description, it is indeed very helpful. It does give some perspective and insight. It is amazing how different everyone's...
(I posted this about an hour ago and it's not showing up, sorry if it ends up being there twice)
Well I just returned from meeting with an OS. He didn't instill me with hope. My knee is pretty ugly and he pointed that out but he also said not to get my hopes too high that knee replacements...
Ah, I see it now. So this data is only on medicare patients and only covers the 5 years from 2009-2013 so one could assume the actual numbers are indeed larger, maybe 20% or so (very rough guess) and then divide by 5 to get an idea of what they are doing each year. I am seeing surgeon tomorrow...
Thanks for the input Ray (what is your surgeons name?) and thanks for the Propublica website Yvonne. I poked around there quite a bit. I'm not sure how they gather their data but based on that, there are very very few OS that have done more than 400 knees and I searched a lot of hospitals...
Wow, thank you all for the thoughtful comments. I will readily admit that I may be overthinking it but, as I mentioned, I want to give myself the best opportunity for an optimal outcome. Before I found out I needed a hip I knew next to nothing about them. I did a lot of research and...
Thanks for the reply Celle. I had not seen the "Find a Clinic" button and will certainly explore that. I hope to find a surgeon that has done in the thousands which would correlate with 150/year.
I have done a lot of reading on the hardware and I am not convinced that that is not an important...
I am a 57 year old male and am seriously considering a knee replacement. When I was 28 I had a severe knee injury (tib-fib crushed, all four ligaments completely torn , meniscus shredded). After 5 surgeries and intense rehab my recovery was much better than anticipated and, with a lot of...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.