Recent content by Tennisagain?

  1. Tennisagain?

    TKR Right TKR 72 hours ago

    So a year and a half since my TKR. Playing tennis at a level I never thought I’d see again. Still do different stretches I learned in rehab. Working on kneeling which is going well, my surgeon did the incision to the side of the kneecap so I have pretty decent feeling in the front of my knee. He...
  2. Tennisagain?

    TKR Right TKR 72 hours ago

    32 days since my knee replacement and still almost pain free! I’m off pain med’s and driving for about a week. My past kidney stones and sciatica were much worse than this. I guess I got lucky! The pain I do have comes occasionally during PT when the therapist gets me a couple more degrees on...
  3. Tennisagain?

    TKR Right TKR 72 hours ago

    Hi Layla, yes please change my thread title to “How long will my knee replacement stay pain free?” Day 4 has come and gone, still no pain. Knee is swollen and stiff but no bruising. Constipated so I decided to cut down on Hydromorphone to one pill every 12 hours, that along with Bidet and...
  4. Tennisagain?

    TKR Right TKR 72 hours ago

    RTKR 72 hours ago and pain level is still 0! I’ve been taking 1 tab of 2MG Hydromorphone every 6 hours along with 2 tabs of 500 MG Tylenol. My knee is stiff but pain is much less than I expected. I’ve been waiting for the nerve blocks to wear off for two days. Tried to sleep in my lift chair the...
  5. Tennisagain?

    TKR Right TKR 72 hours ago

    My first day in recovery is not bad! Pain is a 1 or a 2 mostly an ache in the back of the knee. I have a pillow under the foot which puts slight pressure on the knee as I try to straighten it. First pain pill coming up in an hour along with laxatives. Up and down the stairs to my bedroom a...
  6. Tennisagain?

    TKR Booked for 11/06

    Thanks for the kind words and thoughts! It looks like my wife will be in a rehab facility while I recover. The repair of her ankle went well but she has had several strokes in the past and hasn’t regained strength in her left side. She broke her right ankle and I don’t expect she will be getting...
  7. Tennisagain?

    TKR Booked for 11/06

    12 days to go and it looks like I’ll be rehabbing my knee while my wife rehab’s her trimalleolar fracture (broken ankle). We went out to dinner last night and while she was climbing the two steps to get into our house her legs gave out and I couldn’t hold her up. Got her to the hospital and they...
  8. Tennisagain?

    TKR Booked for 11/06

    Went to my knee doctor in July for my Cortisone shot and felt great for three days. While cutting the lawn (self propelled walk behind mower) I got a pain in my right buttock that spread down the side of my leg. Went to a back doctor and was told I had sciatica from my L5 disk. Went through a...
  9. Tennisagain?

    TKR Finding a surgeon in Hartford Ct.

    I’ve narrowed my doctor search down to Jeffrey Burns and Michael Joyce, both do over a couple hundred TKR’s a year. Thanks for the feedback! I have another question and wanted to change the title to my post but wasn’t sure how to go about doing that. My question is regarding the retention of...
  10. Tennisagain?

    TKR Finding a surgeon in Hartford Ct.

    Thank you all for your responses, the three doctors I had identified to set up appointments with are: Dr. Jeffrey Burns Dr. John Grady-Burns Dr. Michael Joyce My first choice was Dr. Joyce but a tennis buddy of mine sent me an article that Dr. Joyce just lost an $8.5 million dollar lawsuit for...
  11. Tennisagain?

    TKR Finding a surgeon in Hartford Ct.

    The doctor who has been giving me cortisone shots says it is time to consider RTKR’s I’ve read through a number of the posts related to finding a surgeon. One of the keys to a successful operation seems to be the experience of the surgeon. My doctor does about 30 TKR’s a year and I want someone...
Back
Top Bottom