Recent content by Tennis Nut

  1. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    I do think biking is the thing for rebuilding the quad. Squats and lunges and stepups and step downs. It's just a tedious process and my OS always said it would take up to a year to feel like the knee was really "mine" again. I'm looking forward to that. I agree about the walking making it hurt...
  2. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    I did get a call from my OS's nurse today and they think I'm overdoing things. I got their message after playing a little tennis this am and biking yesterday. He thinks the over working is keeping me sore and stiffer. Guess I have to rethink the daily stretching and all them things I do. They...
  3. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    patbike I guess you've been riding a lot. Me, not so much. Wrecked on Labor Day and I've kinda lost my nerve right now. I didn't hurt my knee but it did get sore. I'm still sore a lot and not satisfied with my ROM. Called my dr's office and they will call back tomorrow and maybe have me go in...
  4. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    patbike It weighs 21.6 lbs. about like my purse! lOL. The fork is carbon and It's really light and I'm not used to that feel yet. I'm going to have to change the saddle (like arock) and the pedals. I sure don't want to cleat in or use clips due to fear of falling over after the TKR, but these...
  5. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    patbike Just picked it up today. Came in late yesterday. Ordered a Scott Metrix 20, which is just perfect for me. I can pick it up with one hand. I was gonna spend $$$$$$ putting towable rack on my Expedition. Now, I can just toss it, gently of course, into the cargo area. There's...
  6. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    patient 99 Don't get that dog just yet. Wait till the other knee is done first. Just gives you something cuddly and loving to help you. I swear by my dogs as being the best therapists in the world! And gripe if you like. As I said, this is one hard assed surgery. Best way I have of putting it...
  7. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    Gee kneeper You've really had a battle with joint pain and I see you have fibro as well. I don't know why the docs don't prep people better. I also believe that you had dealt tons of pain which gave you an edge for recovery attitude. i had dealt with pain as an athlete too and trying to play...
  8. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    patient 99 kneeper I think what kneeper said was to encourage me and it did. The worst part should be over in three months or I would think so. But as I mentioned in previous post this am, I've been dragging a bit and the shot of B-12 has been amazing already. I also believe a lot of our...
  9. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    It's almost time to go walk the dogs. Have a good day.
  10. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    Yes, yes. Yu got that right patient 99 I was superwoman so I want to fill that cape again. I had three days this week that I didn't even think about my knee. I'm obsessing less. Worst thing that happened this week was my ears clogging up from swimming. I got almost sick and had sinus symptoms...
  11. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    patient 99 I'm wide awake sine 3:00 pm so just saw this. I'm usually asleep when you are Online. Celebrated 42 years of married bliss last night ( mostly bliss). Lovely night, cooler than usual for sitting outside at a downtown fairhope Italian restaurant. More like an Italian village with...
  12. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    gulfgirl Just email me at (admin note: email address removed for security). The end outcome is really no different whether you go with the traditional or quad sparring method. It does speed recovery and there's perhaps less pain. Pt is easier too, at least initially.
  13. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    gulfgirl I had minimally invasive knee replacement. It's also known as quad sparing knee replacement. My OS does a lot of them but many surgeons refuse. They don't go get the training and they all give the same pat answer "I like to see what I'm doing". The incision is smaller and it takes...
  14. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    Good. Hope mine goes away too. I swam laps today for first time since surgery. It was so nice to get back into the pool.
  15. Tennis Nut

    TKR Tennis Nut's Recovery Thread

    Do any of you have more pain when it rains? I thought a new knee took that old arthritis aspect of wether affecting it away. Not so sure now. And my seep issues do seem to be linked to coming off neurontin. Just stopped it cold turkey so adding a smaller amount back and going off gradually now...
Back
Top Bottom