Recent content by Teeboxx

  1. T

    TKR One Year Anniversary

    Sept 12, 2019, I had a TKR. Went to see my Orthopedic Surgeon and gave me a clean bill of health. Full range of motion and full extension. However, you knew there would be a "However!", my knee still is stiff and swollen. He was upset that I haven't been taking my anti-inflammation meds. I...
  2. T

    TKR LJ55's Recovery - Knee Stiffness

    I had my Right TKR in September 12th, not too far behind you. I'm still stiff a swelling is still around. What's normal anymore? I hope more respond because I still have the tight band sensation too! I have been Exercising, bike riding and playing golf. I don't ice anymore. Maybe I should start...
  3. T

    TKR 8 months post TKR

    I'm 7 months in and I have tight Band still! Some people just heal differently than others. Hang in there.
  4. T

    TKR Pain after 5 months TKR

    I'm 7 months in and the swelling continues on my lateral side of the knee cap. Stiffness is still a problem along with the tight Band feeling. I was training after rehab and found out that it just didn't feel right after intense workouts. I have calmed down the workouts and I'm pretty much at...
  5. T

    TKR 10 Weeks 3 days PostOp

    I’m 57 and 5 months after TKR on my right leg. Former long distance runner, worked out 6 days a week, don’t smoke or drink, love playing golf and felt depressed from this ordeal! I felt caged in like a zoo! Get the heck out of the house. Go to a shopping mall and elevate your leg! Rehab is good...
  6. T

    TKR Reaction to sutures

    I had experienced a skin reaction from the adhesive tape they placed on top of the cloth bandage. This was so I can bath and not get my Incision wet. When I got home my nurse notice a red irritation around the bandaged area and removed it. Fearing that I may have developed an infection, I was...
  7. T

    TKR Two Stage Revision Surgery Scheduled

    I’m 17 weeks since RTKR. Sleeping much better but still have the tight Band sensation. I have been using the CBD roll on on my knee and helps a lot. There is not THC in the one I use. I take 2 Tylenol ES before bedtime. Swelling and burning sensation has subsided. I ice after walking.
  8. T

    TKR Four Months Post TKR

    I feel your pain! I had RTKR on 9/12. It’s going to take some time! Some people recover faster than others but go at your own pace. Ice is going to be your best friend! It’s the best pain reliever and will reduce the swelling. I was a total wreck about progress until this message board eased my...
  9. T

    TKR One Year Anniversary

    Can I take an anti inflammatory Aleve or Monica during the day and take the Extra Strength Tylenol at night? Is there a problem mixing!
  10. T

    TKR One Year Anniversary

    I’m 4 months since my RTKR Surgery which was done in 57 minutes. I felt great after the honeymoon block they gave me. Didn’t feel any pain. I was sent home with 100 degree ROM the next day. Couple days later after Post-op I had a complication with the clear latex tape that surrounded the...
  11. T

    Welcome to the September Sapphires' 2019 Knee Recovery Club!

    Can you add me to this list? September 12, TKR on right leg.
Back
Top Bottom