Recent content by Tanya0811

  1. Tanya0811

    Having a replacment due to infection

    Have not been writing for a while. I am going through the spacer stage now. After two debridiments, 10 weeks of intravenous antibiotics and now waiting for the reimplantation surgery. To make a long story short, I developed an infection after 8 happy years with my resurfaced hip and metal on...
  2. Tanya0811

    Hip Infection After eight years of a happy hip going through a nightmare

    My dear friends, each and everyone who responded with their stories, advice, well wishes. Thank you really, it all means so much to me. Today is three weeks after stage 1 surgery of two staged revision. My life is hanging between bed and a wheelchair, also hopping on one foot to the bathroom...
  3. Tanya0811

    Hip Infection After eight years of a happy hip going through a nightmare

    Dear Josephine and everyone who responded. Thank you for well wishes and encouraging words. Josephine, there is a lot of sense in what you are explaining about the vacuum drainage. The reason they thus VAC machine, is that it was draining by itself without the vacuum for 10 days after the...
  4. Tanya0811

    Hip Infection After eight years of a happy hip going through a nightmare

    Dear Pumpkin, Dear Cynthia777, Have any of you ever heard, read or otherwise known about wound drainage two weeks past surgery.
  5. Tanya0811

    Hip Infection After eight years of a happy hip going through a nightmare

    Hi everyone. So happy you are still here! I had a successful left hip resurfacing on April 15, 2008, and since then lived a good pretty active life with this hip. About half a year ago, the range of motion decreased and some pain came from time to time. I tried to live my life and not to pay...
  6. Tanya0811

    TKR Painful Recovery

    @Josephine, Thank you, I have just applied VOLTAREN gel. I have a question though. Why it hurts more at night, I.e. At rest that when I walk? And another one, in your opinion, if the LCL is not well balanced during the surgery, is there still any hope that it will heal by itself without a...
  7. Tanya0811

    TKR Painful Recovery

    Hello Everyone, I have not communicated for a while, but still hanging in there. It is almost three months after the surgery, but the pain is still strong and persistent. My OS said he did not know where the pain is from, made several hypothesis, either an IT band, or hamstring, or popliteal...
  8. Tanya0811

    TKR Painful Recovery

    Celle, Thank you so much for guiding me in this situation. I have not yet figured out how to respond to someone personally, therefore writing on a thread. The reason I am doing this PT is that it includes a heated pool. The girl who does my PT is much more reasonable than the previous one that I...
  9. Tanya0811

    TKR Painful Recovery

    Thank you all for your replies. I am not measuring the swelling any more, just icing it. Came from PT today, absolutely exhausted. It includes half hour of massage and exercises, the half hour of pretty vigorous pool exercises. After that I feel like I ran a marathon. Tomorrow going to work. The...
  10. Tanya0811

    TKR Painful Recovery

    [QUOTE="Slainte, Thank you very much, will find it.
  11. Tanya0811

    TKR Painful Recovery

    Good Evening, I have a question: today is eight weeks since my surgery. Aside from everything else my new knee is 4 cm larger than my non-operated one. Is it considered a significant swelling or not? Visually it does not look like huge compare to the other one, but 4 cm? Switched from oxycodone...
  12. Tanya0811

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    JMDearras, I believe it is a hundred percent the OS. My hip left was resurfaced in 2008 by a great doctor, indeed I traveled the world to get him do my surgery. In three four weeks I forgot about my hip, my metal one was much better than my natural. On 09/01/2015 I had a RTKR, and since then...
  13. Tanya0811

    TKR Painful Recovery

    Clipless, thank you very much, indeed. The reason for such a brutal massage was that PT is convinced that the problem is my IT band, and this is the only way to release it. But next time I will refuse it, since after this massage the rest of the day is basically lost. You are a hero, had both of...
  14. Tanya0811

    TKR Painful Recovery

    Was at PT today. She says that all my pain is from IT band , however has now clue, why it aggravates at night. By the way, the OS prescribed the lidocaine patch, which I put every night on the painful spots, does not help at all. So today at PT she massaged the IT band to the point that I saw...
Back
Top Bottom