Recent content by Tanya

  1. T

    TKR Anyone getting ready for your new knee in July?

    I went to PT for "before surgery" exercises. So I'm trying to do them every day until I have my surgery. I'm on WW (lifetime member) but I have to say it's not working with the worries of covid and the protests. I get up every day with intention to track. Then there goes a cookie with coffee...
  2. T

    TKR Anyone getting ready for your new knee in July?

    Thanks Jamie, This surgeon is no a new guy to me. He knows me well unfortunately. But when it comes to asking questions, I must ask them in the wrong way because I get the feeling he doesn't get the question. The response I get doesn't even answer the question. It so frustrating. It's almost...
  3. T

    TKR Anyone getting ready for your new knee in July?

    Thanks Celle. I woke up this morning wandering if I even need a TKR. I'm 50 lbs overweight. This doesn't seem to help the problem. It's been a year since I tried to go to a silver sneakers. My knee pain is what has made that decision for me. I use to love to go to classes but I can't do that...
  4. T

    TKR Anyone getting ready for your new knee in July?

    Hi Brian, First I'm envious of you "in your rv". Second, I cancelled my surgery after my pre-op on Tuesday. I wasn't thrilled with the surgeon's negativity when it came to what the risks are and what won't be better... I know the risks, but I asked him if he can't take away the pain and I have...
  5. T

    TKR MissNewKnee July 6, 2020

    So how bad are yours? My biggest problem is getting up and down especially going to the bathroom. My right one is getting so lose. It clicks and feels like I'm not going to be able to pull it up on it's own when I roll over to my side in bed. It's weird. I'm so afraid of not being able to bend...
  6. T

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with Dr. Parks, it wouldn't surprise me if I've seen him. I've been doing my research for years on docs. I think I've been to most of their offices here in the Denver. I cancelled my surgery for July but have an appointment with the other surgeon who I should...
  7. T

    2020 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    I went to the surgeon yesterday for my pre-op appointment. I didn't like my surgeon's attitude or his approach, so I have cancelled my surgery. I will go to another surgeon. .
  8. T

    TKR Tanya's Pre-op Thread

    I went to the surgeon yesterday for my pre-op appointment. The surgeon came in and his complexion was red, fuming mad red. Even his arms. He had me sign the consent for things that may go wrong. Then proceeded to tell me all the things that can happen. I understand but he was so negative I ended...
  9. T

    TKR Tanya's Pre-op Thread

    Could you correct the spelling of my name? It should be Tanya not Tayna. Thanks, Tanya
  10. T

    TKR Anyone getting ready for your new knee in July?

    Mine is July 6th. How about yours? Is it your first? It is mine and it won't be the last. I'm here to chat if you'd like to. What part of the country are you in? I'm in Colorado. Take care! Tanya
  11. T

    TKR Tanya's Pre-op Thread

    Hi All and best of luck to all of us "July Knee Replacement" recipenents. I'm 62. Colorado native. Both knees dislocated as a kid and I wore a lot of casts. They said I'd be doing this: First knee replacement. Right knee will be July 6th, 2020. I'm terrified. I think I'm ready. I've picked up...
  12. T

    2020 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Hi All and best of luck to all of us "July Knee Replacement" recipenents. I'm 62. Colorado native. Both knees dislocated as a kid and I wore a lot of casts. They said I'd be doing this: First knee replacement. Right knee will be July 6th, 2020. I'm terrified. I think I'm ready. I've picked...
  13. T

    TKR MissNewKnee July 6, 2020

    I'm having my right knee finally replaced after many years of bad knees. So they said you'll know when you need one and I think I'm ready. I've chickened out twice and had a bad fall creating a tendon tear in the left ankle and a lot of pain. That was back in November. Cancelled that on one the...
  14. T

    Medial Pivot TKR Less Pain Shorter Recovery

    I'm in Denver. Has anyone had this kind of TKR?
  15. T

    Tanya's Pre Op Thread

    Hi. I'm in Denver and have 2 surgeons lined up for questions. I'm 61 with 2 bad knees and at that point of knowing I should have one done but terrified of not be able to do what I can still do. Gardening, laying on my stomach to sleep, getting on my hands and knees when needed. Yet it gets...
Back
Top Bottom