Recent content by swllkll

  1. swllkll

    TKR My recovery

    Ok so I’m now back at work full time but still having problems with my patella so frustrating if I go to kick my leg out it jumps to the right. Surgeon doesn’t seem to care keeps saying the muscle has to get stronger and I limp on some days and still can’t wear a wedge Hill of 2 inches so...
  2. swllkll

    TKR My recovery

    @Lilli215 I've read pretty much everything they have on here about the recovery process. But I will google scar massage. I also try and not be so hard on myself but it happens. The problem with not sleeping is my anxiety kicks in and I start having panic attacks when I don't get enough sleep...
  3. swllkll

    TKR My recovery

    Ok I'm having severe insomnia haven't been able to sleep a full night in weeks and I'm tired has this happened to anyone post surgery? It sucks. My pain has not been so bad I have certain days and don't even have to do much and why is it the pain is always worse in the middle of the night ...
  4. swllkll

    TKR My recovery

    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words regarding driving. It does feel good to do stuff on my own but I'm not on the freeway yet. Today my son drove me to PT, LORD I wanted to push him out the car and drive myself he's talking trying to text I had to yell at him it was not a pleasant drive...
  5. swllkll

    TKR My recovery

    Ok so I braved up got in the car started,warmed got nervous and had to run back in the house to use the restroom lol. My body's way of trying to scare me. Finished my business and went back to start all over again. Well job accomplished I drove around my neighborhood for about 15 mins I know...
  6. swllkll

    TKR My recovery

    @Pheebs52 the Dr/PT are aware of the knee cap PT has given me things to do for it it's not as bad as it was. My swelling has been down these last few days. And yes I will keep the heat in Cali :rotfl: and out the driveway I go.
  7. swllkll

    TKR My recovery

    Thank you everyone who replied you all gave me good advice the main item "elevate, ice,rest,meds" I really didn't think I was over doing it but, I now know I was. I went out with a friend yesterday was gone or about 4 hours went to lunch and ran a few errands and the good news I had no pain...
  8. swllkll

    TKR My recovery

    I had surgery on my right knee on April 27,2017 and at night about 3-4 in the morning my knee is killing me wakes me up if I'm sleep. Also my incision hurts and is tight how do I loosen it up? My range of motion was 105 last week at PT. I have to keep reminding myself that it's still pretty...
Back
Top Bottom