Recent content by Swisny

  1. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy HTO recovery after a fall

    hello; I thought I'd update myself on my proges here, as I can see the dates that I posted and its good to run through my post and see the timeline. Its now approx 8 weeks post op and I have *almost* reached 90 degrees! On the bike trainer, I can almost do the turn (I can manage if I point my...
  2. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy HTO recovery after a fall

    thank you all for the words of wisdom! Since finding this forum, Ive felt much calmer and trusting the healing process. FT has been going very well and I am now able to sit in the front seat of the car instead of sprawled across the back seat. My FTs are so encouraging and are happy with my...
  3. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy HTO recovery after a fall

    thank you @Jockette! Im being a big baby this week, wallowing in self pity. Ill be happy to just walk with stability and not fear dogs or kids :heehee: and lose the crutches!
  4. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy HTO recovery after a fall

    thank you, although your mention of ROM taking years is a scary thought! I really thought Id be up and running and driving to and fro again by now. Positive thoughts from now on, I keep telling myself!
  5. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy HTO recovery after a fall

    I use the ball by lying on my back and putting my lower leg on the ball and slowly roll back and forth, like with the skateboard. The foam roller is what i bend my knee over, its very painful and the leg bends to the floor very very slowly. Once my foot is on the floor, the pain slowly subsides.
  6. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy HTO recovery after a fall

    thank you everyone, I'm almost in tears reading the responses. Still trying to learn how to answer each question! my surgery was 17.12.2020, actually 3 days after my birthday I now realise. Ive seen @runman's post and was very relieved to read that, knowing that my HTO is a precursor to a...
  7. S

    High Tibial Osteotomy HTO recovery after a fall

    Hi everyone, new to the forum since today, thanks for adding me! I had a HTO (osteotomy) mid December 2020 with some other things added to the mix (arthroscopy, microfracturing, meniscus repair). Im in Zürich, Switzerland and considered "way" too young (I was 44 at the time of OP) for a PKR/TKR...
Back
Top Bottom