Recent content by Suzieslips

  1. Suzieslips

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi everyone and a Happy New Year to you all! I'm from class of 2011 (a left THR after a nasty fall). And, apart from a bit of a blip about a year later (sorted out with physio in the end), I have to say that my hip is absolutely great! In fact, I hardly ever think about it nowadays; it feels...
  2. Suzieslips

    THR Doing it on your own?

    I know just what you mean! Talking on the telephone leaves out all that non-verbal communication we use to express our feelings and that others pick up on. I don't find telephone helplines satisfactory at all! Hope the weather improves so that you can get down that allotment (and for all of us...
  3. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Thanks for asking Special Lady :) I finally have an appointment to see a consultant.....the first week in May! This is going to be just a 'routine check that all is okay' type appointment, which means that if (when!) he finds something wrong, I will then get further appointments to start on the...
  4. Suzieslips

    THR Doing it on your own?

    Lovely picture Doug. And it looks to me like you are doing just fine.
  5. Suzieslips

    THR newbie hipster :)

    Hi Keepridingforward, I also received the present of a shiny new hip shortly after my birthday as the result of a freak accident. (My daughter actually said jokingly that she thought I was overdoing the birthday presents :) ). Like Glynis, I broke my hip in another country (Spain) and the...
  6. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Ceramic on ceramic. ..... at least for now! :) I agree that it is sad that it is up to us to be our own best advocates. I'm not denying that we need to be aware and assertive - we do. But when we are going through pain and uncertainty it can be very tiring, and the last thing we want to do is...
  7. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Thanks Aileen for your tips on how to actually get the treatment the surgeon has promised you. It annoys me that the only way many of us can get things done is to be persistent. I can be pretty assertive when required, but it really shouldn't be necessary! I am still waiting for my appointment...
  8. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Thanks HappyHippy, I definitely will be pressing for surgery once the problem has been determined, as there is no point in waiting and a whole lot of reasons why surgery should take place sooner than later. My problem, however, may be with the NHS waiting list. But we'll see...
  9. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Thanks everyone :thumb: Jo: Yes I realise that any hip operation of this kind is major surgery, but it was the thought of having the femoral prosthesis replaced that was worrying me the most, so I'm hoping your diagnosis is correct (but won't hold you to it! :wink: ). I was thinking that...
  10. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Ah that's better! It was when you said "'keeping an eye on you' is out of the question" with a loose cup that I imagined something really urgent! Now you have put my mind at rest again. Thanks Jo :thumb: So really it is probably a case of - I have a loose cup so there is no need to keep an eye...
  11. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Oh dear. That seems a lot more scary! I have requested the last x-ray, but am still waiting. The system was down the last time I asked, so my request may have gone missing. Will ask again, although hopefully the consultant will pick up on the possible loose cup with a bit of a 'nudge' from me...
  12. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Well, all change on the hip front! At my appointment yesterday the physiotherapist decided to hold my hip whilst I went through the exercises she had given me. The result - she stopped me doing them! She said she could feel 'quite a bit of movement' accompanying the clicking and pops and she...
  13. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Thanks Special Lady. I am coming to the same conclusion about what is going on with my hip. The problem is getting medical staff to agree with me! My follow up physiotherapy was cancelled (my therapist was off sick) so my next session is now on Tuesday morning, hence I haven't much to add to...
  14. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Thanks John. :thumb: That website has expanded a little since I last looked at it. I can't see anything there about uncemented systems for the UK, so they may not be approved here yet. But at least it appears that there may be something available if needed (and NHS costs allow...).
  15. Suzieslips

    THR Nearly Two Years after LTHR and now a popping/movement sensation

    Thanks HappyHippy and it's good to read that you are doing well after your revision surgery. One thing which has always concerned me about the particular hip replacement system I had fitted (broken link removed: https://www.exac.com/products/hip/acetabular-systems/novation-ceramic-ahs)is that...
Back
Top Bottom