Recent content by Susu123

  1. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Suncatcher- thanks for your reply - let me know what your doc says. Thanks.
  2. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    This is was my second TKR. I am surprised how different the recovery is. I’m a year and three months out and I still have generalized stiffness everyday in the knee area. I also have localized discomfort under the patella - which comes and goes. I’m active- biking at least 5 miles every...
  3. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Hi Friends, much more pain and swelling over the last few weeks- Not related to increased activity or exercise. Knee swells up during the day and by night lots of pain and stiffness. Saw PA who confirmed "no infection" She said scar tissue was breaking down under the skin..... What is this...
  4. S

    TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

    Great report- happy happy for you
  5. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Reality Check - Surgery July 20th- So about five weeks. Still dealing with swelling and pain. Doing 15 minute of biking- 15 minute easy walking-15-20 minute of bridging.... and ADL easy going. Still icing and elevating. The activity does not seem to be too much- but I can't bring down the...
  6. S

    TKR Muldoh’s one year old TKR!

    Just so good to hear other people’s stories. I agree about recovery getting old.... I’m in my 4th week- and it is getting better- but still any activity more than usual and I’m swollen and in pain. I go to the post of other on the site just for conformation I’m not crazy.... My doctor is no...
  7. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    I’m so glad you got the medicine you need. I’m finding that the hardest part: since my MD had made it clear- no more Tramadol. I’m now holding back on medicating to stretch things out. Wish I could take Advil- but I can’t stomach the stuff. I bought a on-line Tens machine and Electrical...
  8. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Can I have my thread changed to Suzanne’s Recovery: Thank you so much I Know this is a labor of love on your part and I sure appreciate it..... Has anyone experienced INTENSE Adductor pain? Inner Thigh muscles. What did you do about it? Three weeks ago today my knee was replaced- and the knee...
  9. S

    TKR How long to do Physical Therapy

    Wow. You have had quite a journey, and I’m learning from your story. I am 9 days out- lots of pain after PT. Tomorrow - nothing and see if I can get back to some normal......Hope you continue to heal.
  10. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    They have given me more Tramadol- but only enough until my next appointment. I had my husband listen to the phone call- so I could confirm that the reality is they are pushing a protocol without taking the patient into account. How I wish I could not spend time worrying about it I have enough...
  11. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Thank you so much for the detailed information. We are in the same boat-In terms of the medications and timing. I’ll call them tomorrow and post the results. Thanks
  12. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    REALITY CHECK ON PAIN MEDS: ( Can this be my new title) Exactly one week out! Much to my surprise I had two days of pain at over the weekend #7 and 8. Generally I’m taking Tramadol 100mg plus two Tylenol three times a day. I’m out of the 35 pill that were prescribed when I left the hospital...
  13. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Continuing to do well. So much better than first replacement. Six days out- yesterday I tried to ‘cut back’ on the pain medicine- bad idea-today just taking the Tramadol and Tylenol every six hours and things are more reasonable. Thanks again for the support the site gives . Just was...
  14. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Thank you everybody for your support- it help a lot to have you out there. Swelling is less today- first PT appointment 5days out and I will be very sure to do things within the range of reason and pain. What I’m hearing here is trust the body.
  15. S

    TKR One year -three months post TKR -could use some advice

    Four days out and tonight the leg had a lot of increase swelling. I didn’t think I was doing so much more- but Maybe. Also- I have the Lounge Doctor pillow- is that high enough for elevation? Is higher better to get swelling down? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom