Hi! I'm a formerly active 60-something with really bad, bone on bone knees. Both of them. So I'm staring TKR in the face. I've been seeing a knee specialist for almost ten years and fighting the good fight with Synvisc injections and cortisone, but those treatments no longer help enough. I hate not being able to walk for long distances. Malls and airports kill me. Time to bite the bullet.
I've scheduled bi-lateral total knee replacement surgery for May 10, 2017. Wish me luck!
My father had BTKR. My mother had both of her knees replaced. So did my younger sister. They had good results, so I'm feeling positive as I embark on my own procedure and recovery.
Updated: I had my surgery and I'm thrilled with the results! I can walk for miles now, am living a life free of all knee pain, and look forward to traveling the world and having lots of fun with my grandchildren.
- Birthday
-
Jun 12, 1953
(Age: 73)
- Location
-
Philadelphia
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
- State/Province/County
- PA
- Occupation
- Author
Bilateral TKR May 10, 2017 (DePuy Attune)
My Recovery Thread
STAFF LEGAL DISCLAIMER - my comments on this web site are provided for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for advice from your personal physician or surgeon.
Shop smile.Amazon.com and donations will go to BoneSmart!
Click on the rotating blue Amazon banner at the top of the page for all your Amazon shopping and part of your purchase total will be donated to BoneSmart through our parent company, The Foundation for Advancement in Research in Medicine, Inc. (FARM).