Recent content by susanc

  1. susanc

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    @kneegone - oh dear, I hope I'm not ejected from this site for making you worry needlessly! I wish I had read the links and sublinks @Celle sent you on the myths of MUA and pain medicine dependence. I probably wouldn't have done it. It's way too early for you to worry about anything except...
  2. susanc

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    Hello kneegone and dtmbf, kneegone, I couldn't compare the ordeal to childbirth because I had two planned c-sectors with no labor, I had 9.8 and 9.2 pounders! But 10.6 lbs - :shocked:wow! I'm sure your beautiful baby was worth every ounce of that pain. Between that childbirth and the pain...
  3. susanc

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    Hello KneeGone - what a great name! wish I had thought of it. Maybe I shouldn't but I just wanted to tell you that having my knee replaced was the most traumatic event in my life (and I'm 60!) I'm sure there are many worse illnesses and surgeries that people go through, but for me I would...
  4. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    Midwest Girl/Quasi - hello -it is quite something that all our stories since May 13th are so different! My OS told me to never ever fall (the rest of my life) and what did I do? 3 weeks in, I was not use to the wheels being put on my walker and I was moving a little too fast and the back legs...
  5. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    my PT said I'm 2 weeks behind - I'll have to tell them about the Nu-Step - that would be a heck of a lot easier then going all the way around on the traditional bikes. You did really fantastic! I have to keep remembering not to compare myself but I do get discouraged quickly. They have me do...
  6. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    Midwest girl - we had our surgery the same day, just curious what your numbers are for bend and straightening? Also how long was it before you were able to pedal all the way around on the Nu-Step bike?
  7. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    thanks tiredwife (love the moniker). I got back at one PT (didn't really mean to) that pushed on my knee a few weeks after my surgery. I grabbed his crotch area in panic by accident and needless to say that particular PT stays away from me now!
  8. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    thanks for the replies and thanks for the links about manipulation. I still need to read them since I just logged in, I'm so sick of pain that anymore pain that may come my way (manipulation)makes me want to move out of town. I know someone who had 2 manipulations and they did not help her...
  9. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    I think I am heating too much - I'm probably sealing the tissues inside! I'll try heating my quads and my calf muscles in the shower like you are doing. That is a good idea. My visit to the PA yesterday was good except for what he told me at the end of the visit. He gave me some tips on...
  10. susanc

    long long road to more rom

    I'll be sure to tell my dr. or PA tomorrow when I see him and see what he has to say-hopefully he has the same non-invasive approach too. I think you are right about the stress because my muscles are always so tight they kill me. Tonight I notice my calf muscles are so sore I couldn't even...
  11. susanc

    long long road to more rom

    I was so glad that I picked your thread to read - it gives me hope - I am having such a time with ROM - am 6 weeks out - the best I got was 78 degrees so far and am way behind the 2 other woman at PT that had their TKR done around when I did. I fell as well (after my OS said to me that I could...
  12. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    hi ladymax, oh no, I hope they don't try a manipulation on me this wed. during my 6 wk. checkup - I've gotten to 78 so far with a lot of tears during a heel slide and sitting on the edge of a chair. I hope they give me a few more weeks, the others are saying not to worry too. I think I need...
  13. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    hello pumpkin and roy - a couple weeks ago my PA from the orthro group said to me he was just concerned with being straight and at 0 degrees vs. the bend- he said the bend will come later - I told the PT group this and they didn't agree with that - one told me that in my knee area the tissues...
  14. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    bottomshollo - thank you - I realized I did something wrong after I created a new thread - so I'm glad you fixed me!
  15. susanc

    TKR 13 days in on the other side

    Hello all - I have a concern - I'm only at a 78 degree bend and I feel that I'm way behind - another person at PT is the same exact weeks out of surgery and she can pedal around the bike - I'm lucky to get halfway - This recovery has been really rough on me and I haven't even felt like getting...
Back
Top Bottom