Recent content by Sunnyme

  1. Sunnyme

    2020 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    April 22 LTKR. In patient Memorial Hosp, Chattanooga, TN
  2. Sunnyme

    TKR Femoral nerve block

    Thanks for the info. My surgery is scheduled for April 22nd. It will be my third replacement in 22 months
  3. Sunnyme

    TKR Femoral nerve block

    Oh I definitely will be discussing. Like I said, the first one I was blind sided in the preop area waiting for surgery. I had no time to ask questions. I was in the preop area at 5 pm! I was curious as to other's experiences. I had general anesthesia and there was no talk about any additional...
  4. Sunnyme

    THR Operated Hip Bulges

    I had LTHR July 11, 2018. My hip is definitely different in feel than my real hip. It was recently xrayed and is totally fine. Seated perfectly. Absolutely no issues but it sticks out a little further than real hip. Only noticeable to me feeling it. Just different. Like a hard ridge.
  5. Sunnyme

    TKR Femoral nerve block

    I am preparing for second LTKR in April. Had RTKR Dec 2018. I had the femoral nerve block. 14 months postop first replacement the bottom of my foot is still numb. So I am considering requesting no block this time. Any information regarding experience with it, knowledge, if your surgeon does...
  6. Sunnyme

    TKR Expectations at 4 weeks postop

    Thank you. I am reading other posts. Seems like the common theme is our expectations. Reading what others are saying and your reply is helping me to chill out ☺. I feel like I may have been trying to over-achieve.
  7. Sunnyme

    TKR Expectations at 4 weeks postop

    I am currently 3½ weeks postop. Curious about what others are doing at this point regarding pain, exercise, etc. Had left THR 5 months ago, too. Thanks
  8. Sunnyme

    TKR Expectations at 4 weeks postop

    Hello! I had right TKR 3 days ago. The right bottom side of my foot feels numb and swollen. I am required to sleep in an leg immobilizer at night. So all night long it would be where the pressure from sleeping on my back remains. It is somewhat better during daytime but still there. Anyone else?
  9. Sunnyme

    THR Shaving legs

    Mojo333 I apologize for posting about incorrectly. I'm still figuring out navigating site and what I'm doing . My surgery was July 11. My OS is booked until Dec 5!! I am cancellation list but scheduled for Dec 5. I haven't even figured out how to post a photo for my name
  10. Sunnyme

    THR Shaving legs

    Thanks so much. I have read and read information here and will continue. Still learning to navigate site and where to add info and upload photo etc. My hip was left total replacement
  11. Sunnyme

    THR Shaving legs

    Curious about this little issue. I was told to wait until I was off warfarin. I'm not sure about bending my surgical side with 90 degree rule. Do have bath chair. Tips on how others manage. Thanks much
  12. Sunnyme

    THR Shaving legs

    My knee is starting to dislocate. My hip/groin was more painful so that's why it was first along with being easier to rehab a knee on fixed hip was what I was told. I would like to wait if possible but will do what OS recommends. I have lived with the knee pain for many years but from what PT...
  13. Sunnyme

    THR Shaving legs

    First post. It's wonderful to find bone smart and others going through THR. I go for 6 week check next Friday and probably schedule much needed TKR. Is 90 days postop reasonable for doing that? I would say my recovery has gone about average from reading. I am almost 68. Have had 6 previous...
Back
Top Bottom