Recent content by #sully#

  1. #sully#

    Hinged Joint Knee revision

    Thank you both, I haven’t had the revision yet, I will let you know how I get on, things move slowly in the uk with the national health service.
  2. #sully#

    Hinged Joint Knee revision

    I’ve been to see my consultant today, my previous left TKR (done by a different surgeon)left me with a valgus deformity which I didn’t have before my op,he said he will do a revision using a hinged knee implant, has anybody any knowledge of this procedure ?
  3. #sully#

    TKR Valgus deformity

    Thank for that Layla and Ealing Gran, I wasn’t knock need before the tkr, I think I was aware something wasn’t right after about 2 months but lived in hope that exercise would prevail, but the physio confirmed my fears yesterday, I think I’m probably 20 degrees valgus as well, I look reasonable...
  4. #sully#

    TKR Valgus deformity

    12 months post op from my last TKR, Just got back from the pain clinic as I have “painful clunking” in both knees, also in my left knee the latest one to be done, I’ve just been told by the physio that Ive now got a valgus deformity which I didn’t have before the op, I am aware that something...
  5. #sully#

    TKR Kneeling after TKR

    My 2nd knee 9 months in at the moment, is still visibly swollen from the knee & down my calf, the only exercise I do is walking (a lot of it) I am thinking of going back to the doc to see if this is normal
  6. #sully#

    TKR When oh when oh when

    I have a bakers cyst also, I thought this would have been taken out with my tkr but the surgeon said they didn’t touch it, I don’t know why but I still have it. Both tkr have left me with the numb patch which I suppose we do have to learn to live with, I really struggle to get up if for any...
  7. #sully#

    TKR When oh when oh when

    Lol, I’m not too sure where or how to post as well lol
  8. #sully#

    TKR When oh when oh when

    Maybe I’m expecting too much of my knee recovery to say 2 years, maybe I’m expecting a fully normal functioning knee, which I don’t think will ever happen, I don’t have the extreme pain I had before my operations, but the way it’s going I don’t feel I’ll be able kneel or squat like I used to I...
  9. #sully#

    TKR When oh when oh when

    hi, at the moment my first tkr is coming along nicely I can’t be too rough with it as it’s slightly delicate still, my other tkr from October is still a work in progress, lot of stiffness a bit of pain, as I’ve said somewhere else I walk about 3/4 miles most days along a canal by where I live...
  10. #sully#

    TKR When oh when oh when

    I’ve had both my knees done within the last 20 months for the 2nd one I took this advice and have had a much better recovery, in my main exercise has been walking, in my case I was at the 16 week mark before I felt things were relaxing, I’d say closer to two years for a full recovery, for me...
  11. #sully#

    TKR Valgus deformity

    My recovery is going well at the moment,I am walking quite long distances probably 3 miles daily,still not able to kneel, but I do think most of my problem is in my mind, I have tried but as soon as I feel uncomfortable I stop what I’m doing got to say my left knee which was done recently is...
  12. #sully#

    TKR Valgus deformity

    thanks Jacey I can’t think of anything worse than falling at the moment, only about 9/10 weeks post op, if I damage my new knees I don’t think I could face the surgery again
  13. #sully#

    TKR Valgus deformity

    Thank you for asking these last few nights things seem to getting easier, I’m getting more sleep now thankfully, terrified of walking outside at the moment as it’s getting a bit frosty over here in the uk, nothing like you get in the states though. The thought of having a fall really is scary...
  14. #sully#

    TKR Valgus deformity

    Ok, thank you for that information sis, appreciate it
  15. #sully#

    TKR Valgus deformity

    6 weeks post op now, my pain is half of what it was with the right knee, I stopped using crutches/walking stick one week ago, i still find it difficult to sleep at nights, I can’t find a comfortable position I use a heat pad on my knee at night and find it helps a bit, but serious loss of sleep...
Back
Top Bottom