Recent content by stronggal

  1. stronggal

    THR Reviews following THR

    Hello Avers Wow, here is US, it depends on you health condition. Followup is so important even if you feel ok. Xray are done to make sure no loosening or movement is happening. Waiting till pain is there is never good. I'm Diabetic, THR was done last Nov, I've been to the surgeon 2 weeks after...
  2. stronggal

    THR Cleared to go!

    Hi Kaz54 So nice to hear of your progress. Yes, I have learned to trying to force yourself or the therapist is very long! I had a revision done on November last year and doing much better. My situation is much different than yours having to deal with infection and antibiotics. Sometimes the...
  3. stronggal

    Left hippie awaiting 3rd revision

    Thx Mojo333. Not easy for sure when you can't exercise much. Still working on the remainder. Cutting carbs, sugars makes such a difference. It was hard the first two weeks but when I try to eat something really sweet, it doesn't even taste good.
  4. stronggal

    Left hippie awaiting 3rd revision

    Are they actually able to put a extension in with the prosthesis to compensate for the length discrepancy? Mine in 2 inches. Really throws me off, even with shoe inserts. I can only imagine my pelvis and spine from that. Been a year and a half.
  5. stronggal

    Left hippie awaiting 3rd revision

    Do you have to have a revision too?
  6. stronggal

    Left hippie awaiting 3rd revision

    I will print this and email it to my surgeon☺
  7. stronggal

    Left hippie awaiting 3rd revision

    Thx Josephine I think more of the problem of high sugars and infections along with weight. I have already been thru that with original hip replacement in 2015 and it was horrible. Since then the weight has been coming off and A1C getting better. Its very hard to get decent burning of calories...
  8. stronggal

    Left hippie awaiting 3rd revision

    Thx for your support Toddlermom! Yes, my surgeon only does surgeries for complicated issues and Diabetic clients. Its just waiting that is so hard. Pain 24/7is no fun.
  9. stronggal

    Left hippie awaiting 3rd revision

    Thx Layla I think the OS wants to cut my chances of going though infection again and less weight is better for the prosthesis too. ☺
  10. stronggal

    Left hippie awaiting 3rd revision

    Hi everyone I haven't been on the forum for awhile now, but wanted to hear some input on what I'm going through. It's been three years and I have loosening and hairline fracture. There is a discrepancy of 1½ inches which offsets my walking, standing with neuropathy in my legs. Very painful...
  11. stronggal

    Hip Infection Infectious Disease recommendation

    HI HipSF Bay We are in N. California and I have a very long story about my THR and revisions, but I had numerous infections, and was treated at UC Davis in Sacramento. Dept. Of Infectious Disease. Dr. Go. Any questions, message me. Lynda
  12. stronggal

    Revision THR Artificial joint infection

    Wow!!! Dav2stage. You are a strong man! I can believe what you have been thru, many similar things happened to me. I' in the US, buy you have to seek counsel. I think you mentioned hospitals here in America? Try to keep us informed, I'm going a situation myself steaing from almost 4 years ago...
  13. stronggal

    THR Fluid on Right Hip'

    Hi JaneV I can surely relate to you because im going thru the same thing. Due to see my Ortho doc on the 13th. My left hip has had fluid two years ago. Same symptoms as you. Its very painful. Mine wasnt an infection either, but i have erosin or loosening near the cup. Im thinking they will do an...
  14. stronggal

    Revision THR Another Hip Re visit??

    HI ABZ I have exactly what you have. The same prothesis. They tell me my issue is erosion around the ball. 7mm worth. I use a walker, can hardly walk. Pain 24/7. I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow to see my surgeon and they are going to have to fix me. I'm only 59 and I want and need to...
  15. stronggal

    Hip Infection* problem

    Hello there my friend. I started in 2013 with initial operation, everything came out for 9 months. IV antibiotics at home the entire time with spacer. Revision done 2014. Now it's got erosion, and I guess I'm looking for another surgery. A nightmare. I'm 59 and my life is so different. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom