Hi!!
I had a LTKR last January and am in for a RTHR on 8th June (next Friday!). Please, please, please can I be a Sunbeam??!! :):happydance:
I cannot tell you how much this forum helped me through my knee surgery last year. Friends and family do their very best to support you but there is...
I had a LTKR last January and an back in for a RTHR on 8th June. I'll be honest and say that the TKR was tough and whilst I have been told that having the hip done is not as bad, I am still starting to become a little anxious.
My knee was not straightforward and I had to have a lot of metalwork...
@newlybionic @GingerP I have been to see my old physio today who I was seeing prior to surgery. She was really pleased with my progress and measured my ROM at 75°. She explained to me that because I am only 48 and because I had much more surgery than a normal TKR, I would experience far more...
@Cratchit. Wow! You have described almost exactly what happened to me in my original accident with the exception that my surgeon operated and plated the pieces back together (I had my accident is the Canary Islands). During my TKR my surgeon apparently had to do an extensive amount of work on...
My apologies in advance for this lengthy post. I think I just need to get this out of my little mind!
It's been 2 weeks since my surgery (TKR and removal of plates and screws to tibia) and according to my visitors I am doing well! The problem is.....I'm not so sure! My ROM is not improving at...
@newlybionic. Thank you! I'm also trying to work out how to like a comment. Can you help?
TKR and removal of plate + 8 screws from tibia 16th January 2017.
Thank you. The exercises that I have been given a far more basic than this. I guess I should try to continue with those as best I can?
TKR and removal of plate + 8 screws from tibia 16th January 2017.
Hi there. I've think I've done the signature [emoji3]. My original surgery was insertion of a plate and screws as a result of an accident in 1994 when I was in my mid twenties. I fractured my tibia in 6 places and dislocated my kneecap. I've been lucky to have it last as long as it has tbh...
Thank you so much for the advice. It's a tough place to be and I've just been so worried that I'm not making it work fast enough. Thanks again xx
Sent from my iPhone
Had my TKR on 16 January 2017 also had a lot of metal (plate & screws) removed from tibia, surgeon said around twice the normal amount of surgery apparently. I'm home and doing the physio now but I'm only getting about 60 degree bend and can't get my knee to fully extend yet. I realise I'm just...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.