Recent content by stedmakr

  1. S

    TKR Here we go

    I may have a problem. On Sunday I was sitting down and my operative knee may have been out of alignment with my foot and I felt something move adjacent to the knee followed by intense pain (10) on the outside side of my knee towards the bottom of the knee. The pain isn't related to the implant...
  2. S

    TKR Here we go

    I'm at the 8 day point and guess that I am doing alright. ROM greater then 90, but extension still needs work and I can't sit straight and lift my leg in a swing forward fashion. The PT says it will come in time. I have three questions: 1. How many hours a day do I elevate? I do so when I...
  3. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Slugger, I had my left TKR on 13 Feb. In 2015 I had a TKR on the right knee. Interesting fact, the medical system I used in 2015 supported the use of a CPM machine. The same medical system now says the machines are of no value. 1. The narcotics that were prescribed for me are causing...
  4. S

    TKR Here we go

    Today is the third day after surgery. I'm in a much better place than I was after TKR on my first knee a couple of years ago. My biggest challenge is constipation. To the extent that I can, I am trading Dulauden and Tramatol for prunes. My knee is swollen to the point that I can't stretch it...
  5. S

    TKR Here we go

    Well it's done. The operation went smoothly. I spent one night in the hospital returned home a couple of hours ago. Yesterday afternoon after the operation I was very pleased that I had good range of motion and only a little pain. Over time the pain increased and I didn't sleep well last...
  6. S

    TKR Here we go

    I'm on the docket for a left leg TKR in a couple of hours. The protocol is one night in the hospital followed by home care. I had a right leg TKR 2 and a half years ago and it took a little over 6 weeks to return to work. As I get closer to the operation I'm recalling the problems I had with...
  7. S

    2018 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    I'm having a TKR on my left knee on 13 February. Two and a half years ago I had a TKR on my right knee and a difficult recovery. Hope recovery this time is much easier. Starting to get nervous but I'm told that my surgeon is excellent.
Back
Top Bottom