Recent content by Sprill

  1. Sprill

    Ankle Recovery from Bimalleolar Fracture

    Hi everyone! :wave: It's been a while since my last update. I'm now four months post-fracture/surgery. Several weeks after I was given the all clear to weight bear, I was able to walk without crutches, but still in the boot. I gradually began taking the boot off for longer periods, and...
  2. Sprill

    Ankle Recovery from Bimalleolar Fracture

    Hi everyone! :wave: During the last couple of weeks, I've been taking my foot out of the boot while my husband and I watch the evening news. He has been encouraging me to rest my foot in his lap while we watch and he has been gently massaging my toes and foot to help with the sensitivity I...
  3. Sprill

    Ankle Ankle Injury Recovery encouragement

    Really glad to hear you achieved so much of what you wanted to do on the trip! You're an inspiration! :loveshwr:
  4. Sprill

    Ankle About to get a TAR (Australia).

    Glad to hear it is going well! I am intrigued by your opinions on the crutches. I am recovering from an ankle fracture + ORIF surgery, nearly 5 weeks out, and I have kind of given up on the crutches at the moment. I have a pair of the under-arm ones, but I find it far too scary to rely on them...
  5. Sprill

    Ankle Recovery from Bimalleolar Fracture

    Hi! I read your journey when I first discovered this forum. It was your story that helped me figure out more of what to expect from my healing process, since I hadn't gotten much information from the hospital at the time, so thank you! I'll admit, I was quite upset when it truly dawned on me...
  6. Sprill

    Ankle Recovery from Bimalleolar Fracture

    That sounds like a good exercise to try once I'm more regularly out of my boot. I'm not brave enough yet (2 and a bit weeks out from surgery) to take the boot off for exercises, but I am currently wriggling my toes regularly, and making sure my heel stays planted in the boot so I can hopefully...
  7. Sprill

    Ankle Recovery from Bimalleolar Fracture

    Update following my first appointment two weeks after surgery. :wave: I was pretty nervous going into the appointment, because I didn't really know what to expect. Thankfully, my husband was able to attend, which helped a lot with the anxiety. The doctor had my post-operation (taken during...
  8. Sprill

    Ankle Recovery from Bimalleolar Fracture

    Thankfully, the weather is quite lovely right now, aside from being very hot (30+C most days)! My (wonderful) husband borrowed a wheelchair and has taken me outside several times (I was getting very keen on the gardening before this happened). It is a bit difficult to manage alone, however, as...
  9. Sprill

    Ankle Recovery from Bimalleolar Fracture

    Thank you for the welcome, and your response. I will definitely ask for help with the boot on Wednesday when I go in for my appointment. I assume that they will be taking it off briefly to check the healing process. Perhaps I shall just leave it alone until then! I am trying to come to terms...
  10. Sprill

    Ankle Recovery from Bimalleolar Fracture

    Hello everyone. :wave: I am a 28 year old woman, living in Australia. On Sunday the 19th of February, I fell badly while trying out roller skating for the first time, and sustained a bimalleolar fracture in the right ankle. The experience was quite frightening (though everyone around me was...
Back
Top Bottom