Recent content by sportsgurl

  1. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Hello all, I know I have been absent as of late , I have been back to work and going to PT and this burns a day up fast! I haven't made progress in my ROM I am still at 105.... Ughh... But I am starting to feel stronger. I am slowly working on stepping leg over leg down the stairs .... Soooo...
  2. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Hi folks! Just wanted to updated all of you that have been so helpful to me. This week will be three months since my surgery and my numbers are as follows ; flexion 105 degrees and extension is -5. Still have swelling on around the knee that is causing pain and precluding ROM. I started pool...
  3. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Hi all, Week seven.. Saw my doc who said my knee is a bit behind in the bending area.( can get to 90 with to PT pushing it) ..he said its a race between ROM and adhesions.... I am praying not to have adhesions, I am petrified to have to have a manual manipulation!! Still walking with my cane...
  4. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Thanks everyone! Really! It was not the doctor but his PA who told me the doc wants me at 90 and zero when I see him. I will of course ask him this next week when I see him. I agree with you all that the knee is on its own schedule and this darn swelling precludes the bending of it. I was...
  5. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Josephine, Thank you... I guess I didn't connect the dots on that. That is why I love this site... Everyone is so helpful! :) Yeh, this swelling sure causes pain.... On the advice of many who have given me advice here, I am treating the pain and not pushing. The knee does as much as it wants...
  6. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Thank you Mimi .... I am icing so much I feel like I live in an igloo!:rofsign:....
  7. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Hello all, I wanted to update everyone on my week five progress. PT is going ok.. Slow..but ok... She is able to get me to bend 92 degrees and I can bend 82 degrees on my own. The swelling is better but I thought as it went down my ROM would improve... Not so much.... What gives? My hamstrings...
  8. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    PT tomorrow... I took the last two days "off" and rested, elevated, and iced. I am sure the therapist won't be happy about that but my knee said nope! You have all thought me not to over due it and listen to my body. Hoping for good results tomorrow!! Beth I so understand why you did what you...
  9. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    So paying the price of yesterday's PT.... Knee is swollen and stiff... Therefore painful, so no excersises today. I iced a ton and took my pain meds. Frustrating! Next PT is Thursday and she is not gonna kill me! Tomorrow is four weeks since surgery , I never thought I would make it this far...
  10. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Wow! Such great feedback, thank you it is so helpful. Ok, I am doing better taking my meds.... I went to PT and they asked me things like, how am I doing with house chores, getting In and out of the car, have I been grocery shopping, and can I bring in grocery bags?! I had a deer other...
  11. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    Thanks everyone for your input, it is so helpful to me. Let me answer some of those questions posed by " mother hen". 1. Pain levels are all over the map but between 4 and 8 depending on activity like walking with my cane of PT. 2. Pain medication is Oxycodone 5 ms APAP 1-2 tablets has needed...
  12. sportsgurl

    TKR Chasing 90 degrees ... LTKR 12-11-13

    I am so thankful to have found this blog read all about the experiences and advice form all the veterans out there. I had surgery Dec 11, 2013 and to say I am miserable would be an understatement. Progress is slow... I am three weeks post ops and have been receiving PT at home for this time...
Back
Top Bottom