Recent content by sonnielo

  1. sonnielo

    Anyone else in their 40's having knee replacement?

    thanks so much to everyone for all the info - it's nice to hear from other people about this! I also wonder about the genetic component - my poor granddad was bed bound with arthritis for about 5 year before he died. well turns out my surgeon is not as keen on doing the TKR as I'd understood...
  2. sonnielo

    Anyone else in their 40's having knee replacement?

    thanks for the welcome! I'm seeing a surgeon today to discuss. Hurt my knee badly this March doing self defence course (!) and it just did not heal; arthroscopy allowed surgeon to fix 2 cartilage tears, but also revealed the long term damage that has come to a head. According to surgeon he...
  3. sonnielo

    Anyone else in their 40's having knee replacement?

    Hi I'm 45 and I've been told I need a total knee replacement, have severe arthritis in the left knee and no cartilage behind the patella. I feel a bit miffed to be needing this at my age. :) After limping for almost 6 months my right knee and hip are also giving me pain....... does...
Back
Top Bottom