Recent content by sommers

  1. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    very interesting. This has been my first THR--so I'm new to this "game". Everybody really "beat" on me to do the full course of PT (in home then 6 weeks of a specialized joint PT facility). I feel over medicated!! Great info here---has solved my concerns thanks Dave
  2. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    I think I'm reaching a conclusion that this PT effort is not worth a lot. That one should just go about their daily movements (walking etc) and forget anything further as the outcome will end up the same, anyway What am I missing (and why go through all the PT in the first place--the in home...
  3. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    I had no pain at 5 weeks either--and still don't I describe this as soreness--not pain and it started after I began some light gym biking and elliptical work at around 10 weeks post op. I went to a PT facility once I was released from the home PT program and at 8 weeks was told I could do some...
  4. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    I have determined (see my other thread) that I've got some tendinitis in my hip (and knee soreness also--at times) and that I am going to suspend stationary biking and elliptical exercising for awhile and rely on my daily routine to at least get some walking exercise.\ What about stretching...
  5. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    Hoppy In no way am i suggesting that my THR was a mistake. I had gotten to the point where I had to do something to relieve the pain and stiffness in my RH. I am much better for the operation. However, I'm a bit disappointed that getting back to "normal" (pre arthritic hip)--is proving such a...
  6. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    misery enjoys company ? !! It is disappointing---I was hoping to be back to "normal" by now--or at least very close. Maybe I'll have to get with a new PT and evaluate this. For now---I am just going to stop any cycling--cardio type machines and see if this clears up. Its hard to accept...
  7. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    Also--I am at 14 weeks post op --NOT 10 weeks as I originally typed. I started the gym exercise at about 11 weeks post op
  8. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    my knees have never been arthritic. The right knee (same side as my THR) really seems/is "out of whack" and at times causes soreness there. Is it possible that when installing the implant--the leg was twisted (thus the new toe straight ahead configuration)? This is the sensation I'm...
  9. S

    THR knee / leg misalignment?

    I am 10 weeks post op (right THR on Nov 25, 2013). My right leg/knee seems to be "mis aligned" I am having some right knee pain (inside area of the knee) and some tightness and even minor swelling. Since the surgery, I have noticed that my right foot points straight ahead when I walk (when it...
Back
Top Bottom