Recent content by Snoosie

  1. S

    TKR Five Months Later

    Yay! You are now on the road to recovery. Hope everything goes well in the hospital and you are discharged sooner than later. Take care of you and don't push it the first bit in hospital.
  2. S

    TKR One knee done in March; other one in August

    Yep you need to go home. Excellent help will be there and the perfect place to begin recovery. Hope you are discharged soon and can start the healing adventure.
  3. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    @Slugger I, too, had the same expectation wanting aggressive PT (after a poor ROM and OS berating me one year after surgery for a previous knee injury - one of 3). Post TKR surgery complications but finally started PT at wk 3. I was aggressive. Four weeks of lunges, squats, hamstring weight...
  4. S

    Welcome to the December SuperNovas' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    RTKR 12 December 2018. Please add me to the December list. I apologize for the post above. I should have said 'lurking' and hope I did not creep out anybody. :giggle:
  5. S

    Tagging

    Never got the pop up box before. Now I know what to look for.
  6. S

    Tagging

    @Jaycey Thanks for the help.
  7. S

    Tagging

    Read the 'how to use this forum' info. I have tried to use the @name to tag but it is not working. Suggestions?
  8. S

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    @lovestocookandsew My heart goes out to you as you head into a revision almost 4 years to the day since your TKR. I have read your thread with much interest. I deal with allergies and intolerances to food, meds, anesethia, and chemicals, blow IV lines and blister from adhesives. Staple...
  9. S

    TKR 12 Months since my TKR.

    Hey Denn. Don't sweat the bend. The meds helped you do the bend in the hospital, and I believe the shock allowed it to bend because it hadn't registered being operated on. I hope that makes sense. After I was discharged, I found that if I did knee bends when it didn't want to it just made me...
  10. S

    TKR Slow.. Slow.. but Steady Progress

    Thanks for the welcome, Celle. Yep, we are fortunate to have OSs who are Bonesmart. I just wish the PTs were onboard as well. I like meeting others with TKR in physio to get/give support and use equipment I find helpful (treadmill, recumbent).
  11. S

    TKR My recovery story

    Sounds like things are going very well. I didn't figure out stopping PT until week 8. I agree with Sistersinhim as it will take a few days for you to get all the oxy out of your system and you will have a few withdrawal symptoms. Continue listening to your knee because it will tell you what...
  12. S

    TKR Katchmo's Knees: Round Two!

    I had a much longer time going off hydromorph, upped my tylenol to combat going off pain meds and slowly weaned myself. After the last pill, it still took me a week to detox. I had the luxury of being off work and did little for full week to get it out of my system. Nauseated, then starving...
  13. S

    TKR 12 Months since my TKR.

    Welcome to the TKR adventure. I learned the hard way the aggressive PT doesn't work. 11 weeks out and I have stopped physio. OS agrees! What I have learned is that my knee has always told me what it needs, but most importantly, when. If I get up in the night, walk about and then feel the...
  14. S

    TKR Slow.. Slow.. but Steady Progress

    Yes, SusieShoes, so much is in our heads. Between the weather and my 'the dr will order an MUA' thoughts, I put off going for my followup. In hindsight my recovery would have been so much better had I just seen him earlier. Ach! It is also tough to trust the new knee - another headspace...
  15. S

    TKR Swelling and ROM issues 13 weeks^

    I had surgery one day later than you and have experienced the opposite. I've had aggressive PT and continued it at home to be sure I could bend my leg as much or more the next week because that was the expectation. By end of wk 7 I could not bend my knee due to swelling, had unexpected...
Back
Top Bottom