Recent content by Slugger

  1. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    @Jamie , thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions. You maybe right concerning my knee jerks and muscle spasms. I forgot to ask my OS last Friday but probably because the frequency and severity of these have lessened. I understand the CPM machine setting a nd my actual...
  2. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    I aapreciate the feedback @Snoosie. I'm very happy with the way my PT is going. I feel Iam progressing well. I seem to get a lot of comments about the BoneSmart approach, but like I said previously, my OS, my PT, and I are all on the same page. Im glad yours worked out for you.
  3. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Another thing that came up yesterday with my OS was wearing TED hose. I came home from the hospital with TED hose up to the knee on each leg. I discarded them within a day or two. I dont recall a direction of how long to wear them. Yesterday the OS gave me another pair and directed me to...
  4. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    @kneeper , Im not intimidated by my OS. We've been in agreement on the overall recovery plan until this latest discussion on pain meds. I want to be agressive with PT. My discussions with past patients of my OS are all positive and almost all had early return of ROM. I'm on the young side...
  5. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    @kneeper , That is an interesting thought. I'll bring that up with my PT.
  6. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    The good and the bad. Thursday my wife left to baby sit our granddaughter so was left on my own for the first time. Made out like a champ. Was pretty sore from Wednesday PT so took it easy other than my CPM and by days end was feeling well. Friday I had my first follow-up with OS. Removed...
  7. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Well it's two weeks today from LTKR and had another PT session. Officially at 90º ROM. I was hoping for more but not bad. My strength in that leg continues to increase. I've been pleased with that progress. I bought a cane and will be transitioning from the walker. I think the cane will...
  8. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Good call Susie. I am on a maintenance dose of simvastatin which is a statin like lipitor. I may cut it out for a few days to see if it helps. I'm on so many meds right now it is ridiculous. I have my 2 eeek follow-up with OS this Friday so maybe we can drop a few.
  9. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Thanks for the feedback @MSgirl . I've revised my expectations for ROM based on your feedback as well as others here. Plus I looked back at discussions I had with the person who recommended my OS. She is a very good friend of my wife's who had recently had TKR for both her knees. My ROM...
  10. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Time for an update. Had my second PT and that continues to go well. Started strengthening as well as streching exercises. Started by moving between machines/exercises walking un aided, but did not take long before my leg was a wet noodle! Good work out. Plus smoothie king on the way home...
  11. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Sister, it is unfortunate your experience with PT. After my QTR repair, my PT was crucial in getting me back walking. Following surgery which had the same incision as my TKR, I was immobilized for 8 weeks while the tendons and bones healed. I think I had about 25 º ROM when we started PT...
  12. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Thanks for the reply Susie. The key thing I got from my PT this morning is she listened to me. We will work this as a team. There seems to be a lot of anti PT in this forum. I fully understand that everybodies knee and recovery is different. I'm very happy with the approach my OS and PT...
  13. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Just got back from first PT session. I am very happy with my therapist. She has extensive experience with TKR. She did some quad massage that helped me with my tightness. Gave me some variations on some of the exercises already doing. ROM wasnt where i was hoping, but we will get there. She...
  14. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Thanks for the feedback. Based on your replies, what I'm reading elsewhere on this forum, and how I've been feeling, I'm going to rethink my PT expectations. I have my first outpatient PT appointment this Wednesday so will certainly be discussing it. Under direction of my OS, I've been...
  15. S

    TKR My Recent TKR

    Thanks for the responses. My Abbreviations as follows: LTNR - Left Total Knee Replacement. Apparently I don't know how to spell knee! LAMR - Left Arthoscopic Meniscus repair. included "cleaning up arthitis". LTQR - Left Total Quadriceps Tendon Rupture repair including repair of fractured...
Back
Top Bottom