Recent content by sk44tyler

  1. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Hey @Upstate12 - no problem! Glad my experience could help you. I know for me, finding this site/forum was extremely helpful/useful. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here, along with a ton of different experiences to share. I know when deciding to have a major surgery (like a...
  2. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Thanks Layla! Sorry for the late response. I was busy with the holidays and hadn’t logged on here in a while. Hope your Holidays were great! Thanks again - my recovery is still progressing great. I have no complaints at this point!
  3. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Thanks @Layla! I was just saying to my wife that I can’t believe it’s been 2 months already. So I’m done with PT and have started back with weight training and quite a bit of walking. I’m feeling absolutely fantastic! No complaints whatsoever. This last weekend I went on a cub scouts camping...
  4. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    @smpatrick16 Hey! Welcome to the forum. I’m glad my story and info could help you! Choosing between HTO w/ OATS or a PKR is a tough choice. Sounds like you’ve researched it and put a lot of thought into it. I will say that if I was in my early 30s I would’ve been much more inclined to go the HTO...
  5. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Thank you! Everything has been going great. My extension and flexion are coming along (-2 and 130) and my swelling is minimal. Just some stiffness. I’ve been walking quite a bit and doing PT 3 times a week. The best thing is the pain of old is finally gone! It’s a strange feeling when suddenly...
  6. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    I definitely will. I actually just got done icing after walking my dog :)
  7. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Will do. I work from home which makes things a lot easier.
  8. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Well tomorrow marks 3 weeks since my surgery. Time flies! I’m going back to work on Wednesday. Recovery is progressing nicely. I walked 7,800 steps yesterday with no issues (just some stiffness but no pain). It’s an amazing feeling to not feel the pain of old any longer. My flexion /...
  9. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Interesting. I checked my surgical report and there was no mention of doing any kind of medial release. I think what I’m experiencing is most likely due to ligaments, tendons, fluid, etc. Thank you for sharing.
  10. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    @JDinCT Thanks for sharing. Very helpful!
  11. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    @mendogal Thanks! That’s good advice
  12. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    @EalingGran - Thank you for sharing your experience and your advice. It definitely makes me feel better. I’ve had so many failed procedures In the past, I think I’m a bit paranoid about any pain, noise, sensation, etc.
  13. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Rehab and recovery continue. I’m at day 10 post OP. Today I got my staples out, which I have been looking forward to. The incision is healing nicely. I’ve been walking quite a bit - currently only using a cane. I hit 4,800 steps today which I think is pretty good. I will most likely begin...
  14. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Day 6 post op… recovery progressing well. Yesterday I looked at my phone and was surprised that I had managed to get 1500 steps in just from walking around the house and walking out back a bit. Sleep is going OK, although I keep waking up at 2 AM and then at 4 AM. I tend to change positions a...
  15. sk44tyler

    PKR PKR Recovery & Rehab

    Here’s a current picture of my knee. The swelling isn’t too bad
Back
Top Bottom