Recent content by simryg

  1. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    I guess will have to see what the results are when we reaspirate the knee, I definitely cannot continue this way. The pain is unbearable
  2. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Josephine it might be the cement surrounding the stem. If there is indeed space, it might be what is causing instability and hence the pain
  3. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Josephine , @Jamie is the picture of X-ray prior to this post helpful at all?
  4. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    Thank you @Jamie l will go through my file tomorrow to find the disc of X-rays needed. His concern is if there is chronic infection present. Upon physical exam he did feel bit loosening of one of the components was hoping for clearer pic through mri. My dr emailed me after I let him know how...
  5. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    I will try to figure out how to post picture of X-rays @SusieShoes we don’t have answers yet, we are at the stage of trying to ask the right questions
  6. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Josephine Does anything in the mri report seem informative at all and can explain the pain I am in? I am having low grade fevers of 100-101.5 We are waiting to do another knee aspiration in 2weeks as I was on antibiotics post root canal. He wants to compare to the one I had in December
  7. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Josephine, @Jamie I was seen by Dr Michael Cross (thank you @Jamie for referral) finally had mri done. This is the report “The patient is status post left total knee arthroplasty. There is no periprosthetic fracture. Sequelae of prior medullary infarction are again seen, preferentially...
  8. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Josephine , what is the test that helps determine if there is loosening of any of the replacement components? Bone scan? Want to know what test to request
  9. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    Thank you @Josephine, why I asked for someone specializing in AVN is because prior to my left TKR, the surgeons I saw in NY did not want to attempt operating on me because my AVN involves multiple areas in the knee and it is widespread. My surgery was over 7hrs, as the knee collapsed and the...
  10. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Jamie can you recommend a revision specialist in Ny ny that specializes in Avascular Necrosis please? Tia
  11. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Josephine thank you. Will try to see if that helps. I think I will set up appointment with revision specialist to make sure nothing going on with TKR bfore setting date for other knee
  12. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Josephine I never tried Tylenol at this dosage so I should give that a shot, to keep pain bearable levels as it is getting increasingly more unbearable
  13. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @bland9 They say misery loves company but I am sorry to hear you are suffering as well Hope you find solution and feel better soon
  14. simryg

    TKR Replace or not replace, that is the question

    @Josephine, the amount of pain meds I take is in no way equal to the amount of pain I am in. I know that in itself is a problem but it is no life to be on pain meds at this point in the game. I have little kids and have to have my wits about me. Although at this point basically housebound and...
  15. simryg

    Revision TKR Possible Arthrofibrosis after revision?

    I am getting freaked out reading these posts. I too am unhappy with how I am feeling 2.5 yrs post rtkr. I am in constant pain. X-rays and knee aspiration was fine. M right knee also has avn multiple areas, so might be that that is the cause for my Replaced knee to act up, but I am not...
Back
Top Bottom