Recent content by Shortstuff26

  1. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    All the best to you also @glidefloss! I’m really rooting for you and this second recovery!
  2. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    Hi guys, had my appointment this morning to go over MRI’s on both knees. The right shows some arthritis in the knee cap. Some muscle strains. I have tendinitis and some atrophy in that quad. The left Showed some tendinitis and some muscle strains. Cartilage was good and joint spacing in both...
  3. Shortstuff26

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    You are prepared for this @glidefloss! Keep your head up and take things one day at a time! I always enjoy reading your posts. I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Looking forward to more updates. Good Luck :egypdance:
  4. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    Your comment about experience @glidefloss made me look to see what the difference was in experience between the two doctors. First doctor has 6 years of experience. The new doctor has 25. That’s a pretty big difference. I ignorantly hadn’t checked this before.
  5. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    Hurray for Bonesmart:dancy::spin::yay:
  6. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    @Jockette Nothing you say influences me one way or another. :flwrysmile:It does however remind me that I need more information. A lot more, and I’m so thankful you share your experience. I’m a Med-Surg Nurse and I’m used to doctors telling patients they need surgery when they do indeed need...
  7. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    I’m definitely not letting this doctor do a partial. @Jockette Statistics show that partials are not as successful as TKR. I do know that much. I don’t know what to think of the first doctors recommendation. I will leave it in my back pocket for now. I will definitely stay with this doctor if...
  8. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    You are definitely correct @Jockette! I’m so glad you guys mentioned getting second and even third opinions! I’m definitely taking it as good news @glidefloss for now. One thing that i find very bothersome is the fact that the abnormal growth in my right knee was never mentioned to me buy the...
  9. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    Hi guys! My appointment went well but was a completely different experience. X-rays we’re done on both knees. The doctor said he didn’t recommend tkr on either knee. He showed me where i still have joint spacing. I am not bone on bone. I do have arthritis but he believes my pain is from patella...
  10. Shortstuff26

    TKR Ready to Recover!

    Thanks for sharing @NancyAnn! Hope your recovery continues to be a good one :yes!:
  11. Shortstuff26

    TKR Haven’t been here for a couple years.

    It’s really reassuring to see people doing the other knee….the fact that you are willing to go through with it a second time around is telling of what the end results can be. Hopefully you’ll share your experience and Good Luck :dancy:
  12. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    I looked into the doctor I’ll be seeing on Thursday @Jamie and he is exactly what you mentioned I should stay away from….he surgically repairs knees, ankles, elbows, hips, and shoulders. He does more shoulders than anything else. My original OS only does knees and hips. Well I’m going to him...
  13. Shortstuff26

    TKR I have a date!

    Good Luck @mamallama :happydance:
  14. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    No, I don’t know if this OS works with younger patients @Jaycey I just know he was recommended by a family friend And works in a completely different health system then my original OS. My original doctor told me that for him age is NOT a factor and he treats people based on condition of the...
  15. Shortstuff26

    TKR New, young, and afraid

    Hi guys, So my appointment to get a second opinion is this Thursday. But I’m not sure what questions I should be asking. Can i get a little feedback please :) :-) (: Thanks in advance….
Back
Top Bottom