Recent content by ShipsIntheNight

  1. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Birthday present to me-a new hip!

    3 month post-op visit tomorrow! I’m looking forward to hearing what the surgeon has to say. I’ve been back to work full time for two months, in a building with two flights of stairs and tons of walking and standing. Been battling a bit of foot pain the last few weeks on the non-operated side...
  2. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Birthday present to me-a new hip!

    Yes he measured it. Said the lift is ok. Back is feeling a little better today, after getting in @2,000 steps with the crutches for balance
  3. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Birthday present to me-a new hip!

    About a month out now and while my hip feels pretty great my back is another story…Back to work a few days a week for a few hours each time, gradually building up some strength. Doing my out patient PT and would be out walking more except it’s been dreadfully rainy. I am having a bit of a sore...
  4. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Lift off 7:15 6/22/21

    Drink lots of water today!
  5. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Recovering at home from June 17 LTHR

    my in home PT showed me how to link my food foot around the back of the op leg at the ankle and use that as a way to lift leg into bed. Of course they forgot to show me for the first session lol but since I learned it’s been a lifesaver! Hope you’re feeling better every day!
  6. ShipsIntheNight

    Hip Arthroscopy Pain 7 Months Post-Op

    I had an arthroscopy in January of this year. When they went in they weren’t able to repair the labrum because there was too much bone on bone arthritis present. I tried to make it another 6 months but wound up getting my left hip replaced one week ago. Perhaps you went back into high risk for...
  7. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Birthday present to me-a new hip!

    Thanks! I just ordered a leg wedge pillow too. Sleep is getting a little better.
  8. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Birthday present to me-a new hip!

    I have found ginger tea at night has been a big comfort. Glad you found a good mattress. I too have just been giving in when I wake up, instead of fighting it and being more miserable.
  9. ShipsIntheNight

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    It’s going to get better!! So sorry about your hubs dad. One day. One step, one hours sleep at a time.
  10. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Anyone else keeping their old hip bone??

    It’s ok. At least he was very considerate of a large tattoo I have in that area, he let me keep that lol
  11. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Birthday present to me-a new hip!

    You too!! I’m going to try going back to my regular bed tonight with a stack of pillows. Fingers crossed! Good luck for your healing!!
  12. ShipsIntheNight

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    I too had a meltdown at about day 3 post-op! The overwhelming enormity of it all lol not sleeping, thigh tight and swollen, feeling like poor husband is so stressed by it all. But I made it through that night and resolved myself to just take it one day at a time. It still gets overwhelming and I...
  13. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Birthday present to me-a new hip!

    Hello all, new to the forum, so please forgive me if I’m in the wrong spot. I just had my left hip replaced on June 7th. Finding it very difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep. I have an adjustable bed, a regular bed, firm couch and leather recliner to choose from. Most nights I start...
  14. ShipsIntheNight

    THR Anyone else keeping their old hip bone??

    I asked to keep mine but they said no, it was medical waste :(
  15. ShipsIntheNight

    2021 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    I’ve just joined and need help lol had my total left hip surgery on June 7th
Back
Top Bottom