Here's a PS. I just read Rosie's thread about the difficult time she had with PT. I had compassionate therapists, Rosie's were not. Don't ever let anyone hurt you in the name of "getting that flexation or extension"! Go to your compassionate edge and work from there...it will come.
To answer the yoga question: I have practiced vinyasa flow style of yoga for 11 years and yes, I practiced right up to day of surgery. Also used the elliptical and weights. Two years ago the doc said I needed tkr on both knees. He also said I could exercise, but might not be able to practice...
I had tkr left knee March 28,2013. Right knee scheduled August 13 2013. Meanwhile, I'm back to the gym and yoga practice. I'd be glad to share the experience with anyone who has questions or concerns. First comment...Do the physical therapy and take your pain meds!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.