I don’t think that this PT has had zero experience - and I do understand that each person has their own unique recuperation, even if they have different joints replaced over time. I think I am doing really well, but I definitely need to clarify with my surgeon about what PT should feel like when...
Wow! Things are so different here. My PT wants me to push it to the point of agony, my surgeon is going to take the waterproof dressing off at the 2 week Post Op, and I have no bruising down my leg like you describe. My PT told me yesterday that some people have this knee replacement and get up...
I’m already just about finished the at home PT. They insist that you have to push to the point of pain to make progress. I will be discharged from them Monday and see my surgeon Tuesday and see what he says about all this.
Thanks @Bob1653. I’m not sure I’m doing this right, but the same holds true for me. PT came to me later in the afternoon day of surgery and measured that I could bend my knee over 100 degrees - told me that’s the 2 wk goal! Ha ha! The Surgeon came in and told me that’s the 6 wk goal. I went home...
Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum - or any forum in fact. I’ve been recuperating at home since the day after surgery and find it very ironic that they send you home just as you are starting to have the worst of the pain (2nd and 3rd days after surgery). I’ve been having at-home PT and a LOT...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.