Recent content by shar57

  1. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    I’ve been icing, elevating, and medicating these past three weeks. It helps the discomfort from the swelling that I’m struggling with. My husband questioned my icing three weeks post op. Maybe that I should quit icing and let the knee alone to heal. How long is icing appropriate and for what...
  2. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    There are PT’s but I’m unaware of movement specialists. I’ll do some checking. It’s weird how I morphed back into my former gait but recognized what I was doing wrong.
  3. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    I’ve been a bit sore this weekend. Just some tightness, aches, and swelling in my knee. I’m taking it easy, icing, elevating, and medicating. I’ve transitioned from my walker to a cane at 2 1/2 wks post op. I think I’m walking wonky, like I was walking before surgery. I can’t believe I morphed...
  4. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    I just got home from my two week ortho follow up appointment. They removed my dressing and my incision looks fine. I was surprised to find no staples holding the wound together, just glue. I’ve no experience with glue holding skin together and am kind of afraid of the incision opening up even...
  5. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    Thank you so much everyone. I need to hear the words of wisdom and encouragement from people who have “walked or are walking” this road to recovery with a tkr.
  6. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    I’m feeling stronger each day. Yesterday I tried to do some little things around the house. Just small doable things. I didn’t sleep well at all last night as I was exhausted and today I’m stuck in my recliner, exhausted. I’ve forgotten about the elaborate dance you do between rest and activity...
  7. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    I made the mistake of not taking pain meds on schedule late yesterday afternoon. I ran over time by about 3 1/2 hours so my bedtime meds were also off schedule. I paid for it during the night. My knee was angry with me and sore. Lesson learned. I’m so thankful to be past days 2-4 post op...
  8. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    Do you mean when was I thinking of having surgery? I was planning on the end of May 2020. But things fell apart for me right before Christmas. Increased pain, instability, wearing a knee brace, and walking with a cane. I was able to be seen by my surgeon, more xrays, and get a surgery date...
  9. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    I slept for the first time the entire night without getting up to go to the bathroom, get a drink of water, or take a pain med. Little sore but feels good. Sleeping on my side went well for a short period of time using pillows to prop my knee. In regards to the depression part, I think for me, I...
  10. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    Thank you for the welcome. I just prowled around at night back in ‘18 and did my reading when I couldn’t sleep so I didn’t sign in. So this is the one and only identity. I’m trying hard not to compare but I am aware of the differences between these two knees. Things are going fine but I’m...
  11. S

    TKR Second knee is the charm

    Hello! I’m somewhat new to Bone Smart and somewhat not. I had my first RTKR in May of ‘18 and Bone Smart was a Godsend of information for me to read. I’ve had my second LTKR this past Wednesday, the 14th so I’m back reading, reviewing information, and gaining knowledge on my rehab/recovery of my...
Back
Top Bottom