Recent content by shamann98

  1. shamann98

    TKR shamann98's recovery thread

    Happy Birthday to you this week! I, too, have been on the pity pot but I think that's just a part of the process. Finding gratitude in the little things has helped lift my spirits. Having this surgery in the dead of winter has had its pros and cons, but at this point I am so ready for warmth and...
  2. shamann98

    TKR shamann98's recovery thread

    Many thanks to you, Josephine and other forum administrators, for helping me get through my TKR! At nearly 8 weeks post-op, I feel that I've turned the corner and can see a light at the end of the tunnel. When I was at my lowest point a few weeks ago, I was able to read other member's...
  3. shamann98

    TKR shamann98's recovery thread

    1. Pain levels: about 2 or 3 when walking, tightness; 4-5 when experiencing zingers 2. Pain medications: Naproxen 220 mg 2x/day and Tylenol 1000 mg 3x/day 3. Slight swelling 4. ROM: Flexion 120, Extension 0 5. Icing: 2 or 3x/day, at least an hour if possible 6. Elevating: several times/day, when...
  4. shamann98

    TKR shamann98's recovery thread

    Sure, I'd be happy to help you help me!
  5. shamann98

    TKR shamann98's recovery thread

    Tomorrow I will 7 weeks post-op and am doing pretty well; however, I'm struggling in a few areas. My ROM is 0/120 (after warming up) and I'm on Naproxen 2x/day and 1000 mg Tylenol 3x/day. I am able to walk normally until the swelling sets in, which doesn't take long, and then I start walking...
  6. shamann98

    TKR SuzyQ58 in recovery

    Hi SuzyQ58, It sounds like you're doing great! Did you do any water walking or swimming while in Florida? I hope to start pool walking soon. I'm in west central Illinois and can sympathize with our nasty weather... can't wait for spring and real walking outdoors!
  7. shamann98

    TKR Recovering in Canada

    Hi SnowHare, I had a bandage down the middle of the incision removed at two weeks and they put steri-strips on then, which fell off after showering within the next 3 or 4 days. They used some sort of glue on the incision so there's very little scarring. This left leg has been compromised for a...
  8. shamann98

    TKR Recovering in Canada

    Hi SnowHare, Sharon here. I see we're the same age and had our TKR on the same day. I hope you are doing well. I was very fortunate in that I did not have stitches or staples. I'm only taking ibuprofen a couple times a day-- morning and night. I use a cane since every so often my knee feels...
  9. shamann98

    TKR shamann98's recovery thread

    I am also reading about using a TENS machine. I have one that has two electrodes not four. Should they be placed opposite one another? Should I invest in a TENS with 4 electrodes?
  10. shamann98

    TKR shamann98's recovery thread

    Thanks for your responses! Has anyone had experience with rehabilitating in a swimming pool? My cousin walked in a pool after his TKR and swore it was the only way to go. Thoughts?
  11. shamann98

    TKR shamann98's recovery thread

    Hello fellow TKR buddies, I had my left knee replaced on January 2 and it seems to be healing normally. I just happened upon this forum while looking up TKR expectations. I limp and have some stiffness but have 0/120 ROM. I use a cane for the most part. The first week was super rough due to...
Back
Top Bottom