Recent content by Sfs

  1. Sfs

    TKR Finally!

    I’m three months out from a left TKR. I got up this morning and came down the steps in a fluid gate. No pain! First time in over a year!! I did very well with surgery and regained flexibility quite rapidly. The last month has been difficult because the progress slowed considerably. I had to keep...
  2. Sfs

    TKR Finally, LTKR coming up!

    The “knee class”- The physical therapist handed out walkers and explained how they are adjusted. I am 5’ 1” tall. He told me it was too high but…. It would work. The next statement was that I could go to a medical supply store and get another one. Not very helpful. I had done a lot of research...
  3. Sfs

    TKR Finally, LTKR coming up!

    Heading out for knee surgery class. Just the next informative hurdle to jump until the surgery! I’ll keep you informed! I’ve got myself so wound up about this operation! I’m extremely positive. I’m trying to calm down and just go with the flow. Any suggestions?
  4. Sfs

    TKR Finally, LTKR coming up!

    Thank you for the quick response. I have everything I can get my hands on for a year now! Bonesmart a wonderful resource!!
  5. Sfs

    TKR Finally, LTKR coming up!

    Almost a year ago I posted that I had a bout of yucky sepsis in my knee. Before this happened I knew that arthritis had taken its toll. I now have bone on bone and have had to wait a year to have the replacement. At 73 waiting a year is a big deal! It’s 1/20th of the rest of my life for gosh...
  6. Sfs

    2023 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Finally, TKR on left knee! February 16th!:dancy:
  7. Sfs

    Knee Infection Waiting for replacement after sepsis

    What is strange about this knee is: 1. The pain is prohibiting physical therapy. 2. Icing, elevation does not bring down the swelling. 3. Non-weight bearing activities (walker) seems to help more than anything. Thank you all for your replies!
  8. Sfs

    Knee Infection Waiting for replacement after sepsis

    Thank you so much for your reply! I am seeking a surgeon now. I have been told I need to see an infectious disease specialist and then on to the orthopedic surgeon. Right now I just need some validation. That you again.
  9. Sfs

    Knee Infection Waiting for replacement after sepsis

    I had arthritic sepsis in my left knee 7 weeks ago. I spent 5 days in hospital on IV antibiotics, 10 more days on IV antibiotics and then 14 days on oral. The final culture came back negative! Yea! I knew I had “bone on bone” arthritis and asked my surgeon when we could do replacement surgery...
Back
Top Bottom