Recent content by Semper

  1. S

    TKR Let the Recovery and Rehab begin

    Thank you, Layla. Last Tuesday was my 4-week follow-up visit. Everything is coming along, but still lots of ups and downs depending on how much I do. Sleep is still tough to come by, but getting better. My flexion was 110 and my extension was 5; which is great considering my extension was 12...
  2. S

    TKR Let the Recovery and Rehab begin

    Thanks, Beachy...I am very ready to be past the first week! I actually got pretty much a full night of sleep last night, although it pushed out my pain med schedule by a few hours and it took about 3 or 4 hours to get caught back up (the sleep was definitely worth it though). Axx72...I actually...
  3. S

    TKR Let the Recovery and Rehab begin

    Finally got some sleep last night; only 4.5 hours, but way better than the 1 hour the previous two nights. I found keeping the ice machine on all night (cool, not cold; 20 min on/10 min off)) helps with the comfort level. Finding a good position that lasts is tough. I was so tired, that my body...
  4. S

    TKR Let the Recovery and Rehab begin

    Well, it didn't take me long to over do it, and I paid for it last night. I think it was a combination of the nerve block wearing off and overdoing the exercises they recommend. I'm trying to stay on schedule with my pain meds, but last night I got behind the pain curve and won't make that...
  5. S

    TKR Let the Recovery and Rehab begin

    Thank you! Yeah, I was in and out in under 5 hours...crazy! I'm very thankful for my arctic ice machine right about now; we'll see how sleep goes tonight. I hope your recovery goes great too, Twocaledonias!
  6. S

    TKR Let the Recovery and Rehab begin

    I had my left knee replaced today and everything seemed to go well. The spinal was painless and I was surprised at how quickly I was awake after the surgery. I had to drink a lot of water and coffee to go to the bathroom so I could leave the surgical center; I'm sure that will catch up to me...
Back
Top Bottom