Recent content by Scully

  1. Scully

    TKR My perplexing knee

    God bless all of u. I’ve been dealing w/ all my “perplexing knee” problems & trying to be alot more understanding of my husbands handicaps. What I found that I need to do is have No expectations of how things should be. The 1st week post-op was the worst, as u all know. Except for getting to...
  2. Scully

    TKR My perplexing knee

    Hi good bonesmarties. I have put off posting about myself, although I’ve been reading many posts & articles. My 2nd surgery was Monday October 22nd, 2018. TKR on right knee; just over a year ago my surgeon did the left knee, TKR. Left knee was easier. This time around is turning out to be...
  3. Scully

    High Blood Pressure

    Many PPL who go in for TKAs are older & already have high blood pressure & diabetes. So if you are on the verge of finding out you are hypertensive, or you were nervous & your BP shot up d/t nerves, it would not stop the surgery. The monitoring will show what’s going on. U have several weeks...
  4. Scully

    October 29 Monday! Second TKR, left knee.

    Wishing you the best! I just did my 2nd knee 5 days ago. I am just thanking God it’s over. So my knees now both fixed. Stay positive, soon you will be over the big hump, plucking up the courage, doing it and beginning a healthy recovery. I’m happy for you!:loll:
  5. Scully

    Maine girl - revision

    Hi there, I feel your pain. It is frightening to have to go far away for surgery. I know this b/c I just did it 4 the 2nd time last Monday. My knee surgeries took place 350 miles from my home in the Sierra Nevada Mtns. But so far I have NO regrets even though the drive home is rough, I won’t...
  6. Scully

    TKR Motorcycle riding????

    I had my LTKR last August. I was driving myself to PT the end of 2nd week. It was a short drive. Thing is healing comes slowly & according to the experts takes a full year. I don’t have too much pain , just what I call glimmers of it, in unexpected places. I continue to love my big pillow with...
  7. Scully

    Your thoughts please

    Here is an idea. Don't know if it is possible, but instead of postponing your surgery, try postponing your trip. I know it would be alot of work and it may not be feasible but you could talk to the airline and see if they would wave the fees. If you waited 3-6months to plan the trip there are...
  8. Scully

    TKR Back to square one?<

    Ah, pain. Very scary, I've had a lot over my lifetime. My knees are/were so bad, the pain so bad, especially at night, that my regular doc of over 30yrs. put me on methadone. Now this is a very heavy duty narcotic that is not used for acute pain. If you take too much it puts you too sleep which...
  9. Scully

    TKR My 1st time posting

    My surgery was August 14th on a Monday. I feel as though I've been on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The hospital I went to is about 350 miles one-way so on August 16th we set off for the long drive home. It took us 2 days with an overnight in Pasadena. It was the craziest night I've ever spent...
  10. Scully

    TKR My 1st time posting

    I discovered BoneSmart last night (I am so glad). I had a left knee TKR 6 wks. ago. It is amazing the time has passed so very fast. This is a real blessing for me due to the horrible pain I had in my left knee which was killing me at night, during the day, walking, hiking (yes, I shoved on)...
Back
Top Bottom