Recent content by scstampin

  1. scstampin

    THR Bone Scan Results

    I also have an acetabular screw that extends past bone and into soft tissue a couple of mm. Has anyone found out if this can be a cause of significant pain? My surgeon says it’s not what’s causing my pain.
  2. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    Just checked online to see if any more of my lab work has been posted and titanium was flagged at 12 ng/mL with a reference range of 0-1. That can't be good? :sad:
  3. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    @Josephine yes, with my surgeon testing my blood for metals I am wondering how that would happen with the type of implant I have.
  4. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    @Cas Thanks for checking in on me! I am still having pain in both the groin and down the front of my thigh, but thankfully I haven't had an episode of severe pain in several days now. I am still unable to put weight on it though. I contacted the revision surgeon again and specifically asked...
  5. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    Yes, @Josephine...sorry! That does sound a little harsh!!
  6. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    As disheartening as that is, I am also at the point that just having an answer is a huge relief. So my next question, which I think I know the answer to, but does a loose stem always need a revision, or at least a new stem put in? :sad: Ohhhhhhhh! That makes sense! It looked so weird and I...
  7. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    @Clipper, There were a couple of reasons both surgeons wanted me to do the lengthening, rather than wear a lift permanently. The main one being that my left hip/leg was over rotated after a car accident in 1999 that I broke both femurs. My hip was over rotated from the surgery so my femoral head...
  8. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    Thanks @Josephine! So the increased shadowing that appears on the most recent Xray could be a sign of loosening? I don't know if the revision specialist I just saw last week had the older xrays I just showed you, so I may start there and ask him to take a look at the old xray and compare them...
  9. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    @Josephine I do have an old fracture site from 1999 when I was in a car accident and broke both of my femurs, and I think it was where the bulge is, but I do feel like there is much more of a dark shadow along the stem in the lower half on the recent x-ray compared to these 2 older ones. This...
  10. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    Thanks for your reply! I actually had my surgery done at Mayo in Rochester!!! We got 2 opinions, one at Mayo and one at Twin Cities Orthopedics but ultimately decided to go with Mayo because, well....it's Mayo and supposed to be amazing! I've had other surgeries done there and all of those went...
  11. scstampin

    THR Need advice and/or opinions<

    Hi All! I desperately need some advice/opinions. I am 2½ years out from my RTHR, and having episodes of severe, excruciating pain that started around Christmas. I have had ongoing chronic pain issues since my replacement, but this severe pain is new. I apologize if this gets a little long...
  12. scstampin

    THR Anyone here had limb lengthening surgery after THR for true leg length discrepency?

    @Josephine Thanks for the links to the videos. I watched the 2nd one when I was trying to research this surgery, but hadn't seen that first one. It was very helpful and answered a lot of my questions!
  13. scstampin

    THR Anyone here had limb lengthening surgery after THR for true leg length discrepency?

    July 25th I will be one year out from my THR on my right side...Yay! I am 3 months out from having a laberal tear fixed on my left hip, and doing great from that! But now I have one more surgery coming up...I have to have my left leg lengthened because I have a little over an inch of true leg...
  14. scstampin

    THR Groin pain following THR and leg lengthening

    Hi Nakita, unfortunately I don't have any advice to offer on where the groin pain is coming from...but I do hope you figure out the source of the pain soon! I am curious, what type of leg lengthening did you have? Internal or external device? I have to have my femur lengthened and I am curious...
  15. scstampin

    7 months out and rapidly increasing pain... :(

    @skigirl and @Pumpkln I am going to call the revision specialist tomorrow and make an appt. at least so I have one set if I need it. @diterese Thanks for your input as well! Good luck with your hip replacement on Wednesday!
Back
Top Bottom