Recent content by Scouser

  1. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    Can anyone advise please? , I am one month short of 2 years post op bilateral tkr, last year I had a lengthening of the IT band , which provided relief for maybe one week, I had a second opinion on my knees in September 2022 & the surgeon after looking at my x rays and feeling around said he...
  2. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    I'm now 18 months post op, arthritic pain gone, but the last 9 months I've been plagued by extreme discomfort / pain & tightness around the laterals of both knees, 6 months ago I had IT band release procedure, Yet still the tightness & pain remains, On Thursday this week I had a second opinion...
  3. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    Well! my 4 week sojourn n europe is now over and yes I done plenty of walking! resulting in swelling around the laterals of both knees, I will be in the dark until early September, however, I met a retired Orthopedic doctor who informed me that yes , the water around the knee could be drained...
  4. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    Hi Don yes , be interesting to compare , I'm currently travelling europe and whilst doing the tourist thing I'm doing over 10,000 steps a day! unfortunately my knees then tend to swell up, to be honest I despair with my surgeon, I quote, " we have done all we can for you surgically"...
  5. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    I had bilateral TKR in May 2021, about 3/4 months after I had great movement back and was just starting to get fit again when in about October I developed what I now realise was IT band syndrome, it took ages before finally diagnosed & I followed to the letter every exercise I was given ! Then...
  6. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    Hi people Many thanks for your advice, regards icing routine, I only do it after my exercise periods and sometimes early evening , but in all only about 3 times per day for 20 minutes Today, I'm going to rest up , take my meds and see how it goes, Thanks again!
  7. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    Hi again! well, I've eased back to the extent that I am not using my stationary bike 3 times per day as suggested by my surgeon, yesterday it was just the once! the last 48 hours my knees have been really really tight, I've had one hospital physio session which hardly strained me at all. I've...
  8. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    Hi again I had my procedure done on 15th May 2021, if one of the moderators can add this to my profile please, much appreciated
  9. S

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    Advice please! New member here, I had bilateral TKR 11 weeks, I have followed the physios advice to the letter, I am using a stationary cycle at home, together with various other exercises given to me,however, my knees feel on fire! and they are quite stiff, and to me feel swollen around the...
Back
Top Bottom