Hi Grammy, your primary care doc has a professional responsibility to help you obtain a 2nd opinion. While she sounds passive about the issue, you are your best advocate. Simply ASK for what you need, "I need your professional help to obtain a 2nd opinion with another OS."
Our med plans and...
Hi McDeeva,
Actually I'm just "feeling" like a Staph Aureas incubator once I heard I'm a moderate carrier (nose swab test). That was info I could have done without. I feel like a freaking cootie catcher! They will be treating the Staph Infection with IV abx once I'm in the pre op holding area...
Good morning Newly Bionic and friends,
Just read your encouraging thread about revisions. I think the majority of my anxiety about this is that I 'know' how bad the first 5-6 days were - I was like a maimed animal who would have chewed her leg off if she could have, LOL. I have a difficult time...
Oh Mcdeeva I feel your pain. I'm one year out of TKR which was "off" immediately but couldn't get the OS to listen. I'm also a "moderate incubator for the staph related to Mersa. Yikes! I'm heading back to OR Oct 19 with a new OS specialist who located the problem instantly. I'm a mess of antsy...
Good morning, Mamazipp!
Yes, they have imaged every part of me to make sure it wasn't something other than the bad knee. It did take a second opinion by a new surgeon within my insurance (Kaiser) for him to do some fancy twists and pulls only to watch my tibia detach from the joint...
I'm sorry to hear of your 3 yr saga. I had a TKR last Oct and knew within 3 months something was wrong in river city. My IT band was either tucked too loose or tight, and the agony continues. I was also told that if they pie crust the patella area sometimes they can accidentally stab soft tissue...
Knee words,
Thanks for your post. I believe my upcoming revision is because of soft tissue damage and IT band impingement.
I'm pretty down about this since I'm 10 months out from a hellish drama that effected my slow recovery. I can hardly wrap my head around a revision and another year of...
I am now 10 months post-op and have had nothing but trouble (pain) from my RTKR 10/15.
Thanks to many of you kind folks who navigated through this with me. I did get a second opinion finally and found a wonderful OS who wants to resolve the pain / IT / whatever issues. He's planning for a...
Greetings Knee Peeps! So I whined and bitched from last October until February or March about this unusual pain where the IT band gets reinserted when they finish up the TKR.
Finally I was able to get a second opinion which was so helpful. Indeed, what has occurred is in the tucking of the IT...
Gigi, you are describing the exact pain I'm experiencing. The only thing I notice is that my knee cap is smaller than on my left (both knees are TKR). Prednisone is a miracle worker for me too but I can't stay on it very long as it's very damaging to the immune system and bone density. I'm...
Quick update at 6 months after RTKR - the new knee itself is coming along in typical recovery fashion, but this persistent disabling pain in the spot where the tendons and IT band are tucked back into the joint -- it's nearly unbearable. My original surgeon gave me prednisone to try which was...
Update on the IT, Popliteal, ACL Pain. . . mixed bag. Kaiser is buying me a tens unit to block the pain "gateways". I'll try anything. Seems Tens helped me a few years back. They've returned me to pain meds even though they insist on ordering short-acting which essentially leaves me in...
As I posted awhile back, I'm now coming up on 5 months post op RTKR. My LTKR was done two years ago with normal healing once a Bakers Cyst was treated.
I'm having tons of pain with this RTKR, in the IT band region where it feed into the knee, but additionally feeling pops and twangs around...
Thanks y'all. So much wisdom here. I have taken each comment to heart. I have had some light shed on the situation this week. I saw a new pain doc, all of 25 years old probably, LOL, who understood the pain dilemma. I shared my concerns and pain levels and he got it. Then turns out he under...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.