Recent content by Samy

  1. Samy

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    wow....I just read through your thread and wanted to say what an inspiration you are.....
  2. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Thank you Pumpkin...I guess this a bit confusing as my surgeon just left this as let's see how it looks in a year unless you start having pain etc. While I am in no rush to go through a revision, I guess I am also wondering at what point do you have one?? And also how do you differentiate a...
  3. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Yes the loosening is at the tip, so I believe what you are describing is appropriate to my situation. And there is nothing I can do at this point to optimize this implant? Do bone stimulators help in any way? I was mentally on the 20-30 year plan on thinking I would not have to do deal with...
  4. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Hi @Josephine Thanks for reviewing this. I apologize if I missed something you left, I will go back and review. My left hip is showing the bone recession, and this is an Smith and Nephew Oxinium stem, the was press fitted, no cement. I still have some IT flares on this leg, but they are no...
  5. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Hi all....wow am sort of reeling. Had my 3 month follow up for my right hip, and my 1 year for my left. X rays done and as I am talking to the surgeon he shared that there is some space at the base of my stem on the left side..space that wasn't there on the 3 month xray. He shared that we will...
  6. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Thank you all so much for the encouragement and for sharing your stories. I had never heard of this and all I was seeing online indicated a poor cup placement sort of thing. which was extremely worrisome. I have continued with NSAID, icing, and stopped some of the biking leg lifting exercises...
  7. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    thanks so much for the feedback. everything is was reading alluded to the acetabular cup impinging the tendon, or loosening and of course there is always the concern of infection. The second hip has been a much different experience than the first, so I wasn't certain what to make of this. I...
  8. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Hi all, I had a right THR on May 29, 2015. This was my second one, the left was done last August. After a really significant period of IT band tendonitis on my left non-operative leg, I felt I was progressing well. Returned to work at 4 weeks out, was doing PT twice weekly. Then about 3½...
  9. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Hi all, am almost 4 weeks out from having my second hip (right) done. It has been a much easier recovery overall for this hip, however I am having some real struggles with the opposite hip/leg (left) which I had surgery on Aug 2014. I have had some chronic IT band pain in my left leg, but...
  10. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    I truly don't want a chronic situation, help me understand a few things if you would. Is Tylenol a better option than the Naproxen or even Ibuprofen? these have always been my go to NSAIDs to help with inflammation. I can absolutely limit the stretches and clam shells..I had been told that these...
  11. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Thanks so much Josephine! I think that the trochanteric bursitis information captures what I have been feeling in my hip at least, and my PT felt that my IT band was also an issue. but it hit me when I read this that I had this pain before, was a burning sensation then as I recall..but lots...
  12. Samy

    THR pain meds and constipation

    oh that is miserable. I took psyllium husks every morning, and started on mineral oil at night whjich helped immensely. You might want to condier a suppository as well, just to help get things cleared out. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon
  13. Samy

    THR Follow-up appointment...possible loosening at 12 months????

    Hi all, I sort of lurk around on here, reading about others experiences which has been really helpful. But I haven't really seen (or am not searching correctly) an issue that I am dealing with. I am 47yrs old and had a left anterior hip replacement on Aug 11 and was home the next day. From...
  14. Samy

    THR Recovery Left Anterior THR Aug 12 2014

    We had surgery 1 day apart! I had mine on Aug 11, and can say that nothing in this recovery has really been what I expected. Perhaps all the hype set up an unrealistic expectation, but I feel I should be so much farther along. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks out from surgery. I have been in OP PT 1...
Back
Top Bottom