Recent content by Sabine

  1. Sabine

    2026 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    OMG I’m back with Bonesmart, I first joined in 2010 fir my first hip and now I’m booked Oct 26 for a knee. Before every surgery the bonesmart community has been such a great help, answering questions, calming my nerves and I’ll sure need this for the knee. I sure hope it goes as well as the hips
  2. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Thanks for checking in @Layla all is going well over here, but a bit slow for my taste :) I now walk without a cane most of the time but there is still a bit of a limp especially when I'm not paying attention or get tired. I'm happy with my recovery overall, just have to stay on top of 'mindful...
  3. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    @gld2pan looks like our journey is about at the same point and some more patience is required. When I looked back at my posts from 8 years ago I have to say being older and supposedly wiser apparently doesn't bring patience :heehee: we will have to wobble about for a bit longer and look for the...
  4. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Haha I went back to my posts from 8 years ago and I posted about the same question about limping and the cane at 9 weeks, thanks god that stuff on the interweb lives forever :) So I guess all is normal and I'm on the same track as I was for my first surgery. Now that makes me feel much better.
  5. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Good morning and Merry Christmas to all. Thanks so much for checking in, I have been thinking about posting an update. Yes it has been 2 month already and only depending on how I'm looking at this. Return to work is going good, the biggest challenge is to remember to not sit for too long and...
  6. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    So I negotiated a gradual return to work with half days the first week and then up to 6h per day for the second week. I also have the option to work from home a couple of days a week and that will help as well :) As for the cane - i took it to the physio to see why this was just not working...
  7. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Thanks, can’t believe it has been already / only 4 weeks As for the cane I find it much more tiring than walking with the elbow crutch, it seems to require more Ballance and more weight on the leg. I have been switing back and forth, making sure to extend my cane time a little every day...
  8. Sabine

    THR What to do about aching shoulders?

    Enjoy with a menu like that I would have started in hospital for more than one day
  9. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    I think I just answered my question - the cane is segnificantly less stable but I think it’s my time to switch at least for a good portion of the day or if I’m not going to far
  10. Sabine

    THR What to do about aching shoulders?

    Congratulations you will be very happy with it all, but tell me did you order in or is that what is served in your hospital?? :heehee: If I had to survive on what they serve in our hospital it would have been a good slim down plan.
  11. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Question about elbow crutch vs cane. Is there a difference and does it matter that you switch to a cane?
  12. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Thank you
  13. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Thank you Thank you I kind of know it but . . . This is why you and this forum are such a fantastic resource to keep my head on right and things moving normal. I will go ahead and enjoy the last two weeks before I have to go back to work and take things in stride and see where I get to. I was...
  14. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Hey all I either need a pep talk or a really check. So things of been going really well as you can see from one of my last posts but in the last couple of days really not much has changed. I don’t feel I can be in more weight on my leg and I don’t think my mobility is improving the way I’d...
  15. Sabine

    THR It’s done!

    Thanks @Mojo333 All is well over here at the moment, pain is gone and so are the pain meds, 2 days without anything at all now. I have been walking for 3 days on one crutch only and that is also going without complications. (Other than every time I put the crutch somewhere it takes off on me...
Back
Top Bottom