Hi Hip, Thank you for your encouragement / support. I have been doing well..for the most part. I've had a very full/fun summer. (So sad to realize its mostly over!)
My only issue, I think, is the swelling of my legs abs feet that I get when I sit for more than an hour or get really busy. Am...
@Josephine..I am now (just over) three months out and am still have been experiencing lower leg and feet edema at times. Is this normal? If I sit at my computer for any length of time or am on my feet a lot (have had a few parties recently ) I swell up. I can't figure it out. :( where do I...
@donor...I totally agree on needing to keep our sense of humor. And boyfriend is more than understanding. This thread is (once again) probably more about my impatience..wanting to get back to living normally/fully as soon as possible. :)
That all said..do I dare ask @Me2. ..what is the #4...
@Sullivand I'm glad to hear that! It's encouraging to learn that perhaps it's all going to come back naturally.
It will be 6 weeks post op for me this Thursday. I've (unintentionally) caused boyfriend to become worried and now he's thinking we need to hold off for another couple of...
So..I'm thinking that general consensus is (then) that if we couldn't do it before and haven't done it in "forever" ..we aren't going to just magically be able to be successful in "the haven't done it forever positions" just because we've had the thr done. That's exactly what I was thinking...
@Me2 Thanks for your response . I have "attempted" twice. First time not so successful because of my fear of starting to experience pain. Second time (a week later ) not so successful because it hurt to put my leg into the attempted position. Because I'm not quite to the six week mark, maybe...
After doing many searches, I've finally decided to break down and ask some questions about sex after anterior thr. I would have to assume, I would think, that others would have some similar questions?
While doing an overall Internet search I feel that all that comes back to me are results for...
TGIF everyone! I did stay (very) low for a cpl of days, kept my feet/legs up above my heart and also wore the TED stockings the hospital sent home with me. As of today, I believe that the swelling has gone down almost 100%. Yay! So now I'm just going to have to be careful not to overdo...
Just thought I'd share here..I emailed my docs office about my edema, before I posted about here. They responded yesterday, giving me instructions very similar to what has already been said here. (@Josephine) They indicated that I should be sitting with my feet up for an hour in morning and...
Thanks @Sullivand. I'll tell you all where my impatience comes from..I talked to a total of 3 people (personally) that had the same procedure and their recoveries were nothing like mine has been. One man (older than me) went back to work after two weeks. Considering how I was feeling at two...
I did update my signature @Jamie...but it doesn't seem to be including it in my replies?
@Josephine or anyone. .I am just shy of 4 weeks out from my surgery. I'm impatient and frustrated. I am now wondering how long this current issue (swollen calves /feet) may last? Is there anything I...
@Josephine..wow! I think this makes total sense to me. I went to an open house Saturday afternoon for about 3 hours, we traveled a total of 5 hours , by car on Sunday, and have been attending funeral visitation and service over past two days. I'm thinking..figuring all of those things in..it's...
Thanks Cynthia..that's a good idea. I'll have to do that tomorrow..first thing. I don't plan on taking anything for comfort, at least for tonight. The narcotics make me too tired during the day and now the possibility of the Tramadol causing the swelling. Ugh! Wish me luck for sleep tonight! :)
Thanks forbesy..I guess I have been impatient.
I have a question for everyone here. Today is day 26 post op. The last two nights (before bed) I've stopped taking Norco and valium. Have just begun (the past two nights)taking a tramadol. That seems to help in making me comfortable enough to...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.